1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Whats with the extra 50cc's?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Grey Jay, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Grey Jay Husqvarna
    C Class

Just a quick question. I see there is a guy close to me selling a WR250. I don't see many of these for sale, mostly 300s. I tried my buddies KTM 300 XC and another guy's 300XCW. I assume the WR 300 is similar in character to the XCW...which to me is way out of my league. Are the WR250 and 300 basically the same, one with just a bit more power? I think I read a reveiw saying that the KTM 250XCW behaves much differently than the 300. Is it the same for huskies? What are the differences?

Cheers,
  2. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Hi mate,

I have a 2008 WR250, and with a DEP pipe JD jetting kit, and I'm very happy with the HP resault. The 250 & 300 are the same bike, 300 has a bigger pot.

Regards Col
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The 300 has a lot more bottom and pull than the 250. The 250 is no slouch and EZer to control for some. Might be a better choice for you, great motor in itself.
  4. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know about the KTM's or infact WR250, but I have a 2010 WR300. I'm an old guy who should know better, but they are easy to ride with plenty of low down torque for the tricky technical stuff - but they also have heaps of absolute grunt when you need/want it. Unfortunately this becomes damn adictive and you soon want to get more! When I first got it I was thinking this thing is quick - now 6 months later the carb has been changed, jetting perfected and a race head is on order.
    Don't let the hype about the power put you off. I'm sure if you are capable of riding the 250 the 300 won't be too difficult.
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I let a KTM250 rider spend a day on my WR300 ... he was impressed with the extra power across the range. That said, the 250s are no slouch and may be easier to ride in tight terrain.
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I haven't ridden a 300 and my 250 has plenty of power. There are times though on tough climbs when I need to let off and I can see where the 300s extra muscle might help get the monmentum back a little quicker.
    The 250 is a great motor though.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    We need to rectify that! I may hit Four Corners this weekend, and plan to be at China Hat on the 16/17th ... with a 300 available for sampling :-)
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Sampling a 300 sounds like a lot of fun and going to FC would really be nice. I may see about getting away. I'm kinda busy (for a change) with work.
    Are you taking your motorhome?
  9. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    PM sent. We will get something worked out soon .... signs of Spring in the Pacific Northwest this week, but still lots of snow at higher elevations...including much of China Hat I am told.
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'm dying to ride myself. Winter is starting to take its toll on what's left of my sanity!

Hey Steve,
    How's that fishing pond you got? Does it need some fish removed? [IMG]
    I'm dying to go fishing too!
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    We are finally getting out...my buddies just got a wr300 for 3600...super clean...so i am gonna help him dial it in....yee haa first real ride of the season...