when you dont care and just wanna ride.....

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Troy F Collins, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Just as I took my holidays.. wouldnt you know it :thumbsdown:

monsoon rains came....had to go slow...but it was a fun day I switched bikes and did the same loop with the WR and it was much more fun rode about 90kms total

I was just one good throttle twist from falling in the shluck.....it rained pitch forks the whole time...and cold too

funny part was no one wanted to go....so heck I went alone

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/thumpertalk2008/?action=view&current=rainingpitchforks.mp4

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/thumpertalk2008/?action=view&current=kneedeep.mp4
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Most call me crazy but i like riding in the rain / mud. If you have the right gear it is quite fun, more challenging and you learn balance like nothing else.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Looks like heaven to me.:thumbsup: The ground is chopped up rock covered in powdery silt down my way and I guess that I'll be waiting another two months for some rain.:thumbsdown:

I have always liked to ride after as well as in rain. Even when I was up in Washington state in the wintertime. I got my little rain suit, my wool socks and my Thermalpaw gloves ready and waiting for some good weather. Almost all my riding friends think I'm coo coo.:D
  4. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Your right Kelly....I was soaked form head to toe but it sure makes you think on your feet

I was able to make much better progress on the WR 125....its just seems to work better when your tippy toeing around things

The day started I was saying to myself....."your gonna be sorry"

When I loaded up the trailer for the drive home(several cars in the ditch) I said "that ranks right up there with the best rides this year"

I never saw one other bike that day :eek:
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That's the other really great thing about riding in the rain. It's your private playground for the most part.:applause:
  6. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have a Teknic Tornado rain suit with a corduroy color for street riding that I have never used:thinking:...it would have been perfect ....thanks for giving me the idea:thumbsup:

I had stopped a few times when I got a "booter" to empty them:eek: all the splash and rain that went down in my boots......yuck

the MX gear I was wearing....not the hot set up:doh:
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Just make sure that you are not wearing cotton under your rain suit. I like to wear polyester fleece so that it wicks up any condensation from perspiration. Even if you have a breathable rain suit, once the outer surface becomes soaked with moisture and covered in mud, it will no longer be breathable. There is no way to be completely dry, but you can be reasonably comfortable at least.
  8. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

riding in the rain hear in australia in the summer is great heaps fun and not so cold quite refreshing :thumbsup:
  9. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its been muddy and wet at that spot all year long.....we never got any decent weather :thumbsdown:

It was about 6 deg C that day if you can imagine that....its got to be the wettest year on record for these parts.... fork seals...chains... well practically everything taking a darn good beating....

its been a high maintenance year :(
  10. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I got a set of long underwear fleece....complete with the trap door in the back :lol: should do the trick under the suit

I rode 20 min with googles then gave them up..then switched to amber safety glasses...20min and gave up on those too

just pulled my visor down as far as it would go..and ducked when I had too :D
  11. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Good Post :thumbsup: I like the amber safety glasses in the dark forest way better than goggles. But only if you're in the lead.:D

Riding on slime sure helps practice balance control. Love it.
    Another thing I try is not to dab at all during a ride...I guess it the trials in me.

Troy we're gonna have to do a ride one of these days.
    :cheers:
  12. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep..a little dab will do ya just a little one though :busted:

Ya agreed..I should of headed out your way for holidays:doh:

Glasses are great for hot weather when your riding solo......but heaven forbid if your in a pack of fast folks:banghead:.... too much dust gets around them..the amber does smartens up the dark spots though :)

I had to laugh...after that much wet riding my hands were dyed red from the gloves:busted:
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I have had some of my best rides in the pouring rain. Some years, we wouldnt ride, if we didn't ride in the rain! It's easier to ride while it's still raining, than when it stops and the mud really starts to stick. Double lense vented goggles, treated with Rain-X aren't perfect, but will keep your goggles on longer. MSR Hydro shell is great top, I even use it as a top for snowmobiling. I wear MSR 6 Days pants, but can't deal with the over the boot thing, so tuck them in and wear Boot Savers to keep mud and water out of the tops. Wool, fleece or Seal Skinz socks. If it's really raining, I have a piece of Acerbis reticulated foam that fits in the top of the air box to keep water out. Gloves are little tougher... I've never tried watercraft or mud gloves, but keep a spare pair with me. When it stops raining and you don't have spares, keep a couple of blue paper shop towels in your tool bag. Wrap them around your grips and keep riding.... it will suck the water right out of your gloves.

As the old saying goes.....
    The good news is, there will be no dust and the bad news is, there will be no dust!
  14. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Last Feburary, I was racing with the local Vet Club that I belong to. Right before the the second moto starting dropped it started to pour rain. My second moto was red flagged after two laps. So, as far as motocross goes in my area, we dont ride in the rain and tracks close when it wet. Anyway, just another insight.