1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Where to get a Mikuni 4.0 Slide?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Huskynox, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Huskynox Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi guys,

I read a lot about guys having good luck with the 4.0 slides in their WR250's, I'd like to give one a try. Can someone point me in the right direction in where to get one? Part #?

Thanks!
  2. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    in my book the 4.0 slide is stock?
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You would need to mention what year you have as there have been some carb changes the last few years.
  4. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

My manual said I have a 4.0 as well but it's a 3.0, you should be able to get it from any Husky dealer, Tasky's should be able to get you one.
    I did put a 4.0 slide in my bike and it runs great.
  5. Huskynox Husqvarna
    C Class

2007 WR250 TMX 38

I'm not sure what my book lists as stock, but my bike has a 3.0 in it. I did see that the book lists serveral different slides, but I didn't really want to order
    through Husky unless it's absolutely necessary.

Thanks
  6. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

I have the same year and I'm running the JD kit with the 4.0 slide, I don't know how much more bottom end my bike could get, I've got power from idle
  7. lookin4trails Husqvarna
    A Class

8. flatlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 Wr250
    You can get one from a honda dealer too. 2001 use the same carb and 4.0 slide, 2002 to 2004 used a 4.25 slide. I put one in my 07 and it was worth it, major improvement in bottom end performance.
  9. flatlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 Wr250
    Sorry, I forgot to say 2001 honda cr250.
  10. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

That's a TM carb, I couldn't find a exploded view of the TMX on our bikes, I do have an exploded view of the TMX, I needed to replace the needle/cable retainer, it got ordered through Honda and got a spare just in case. I'll see if I can get it posted on here
  11. lookin4trails Husqvarna
    A Class

12. flatlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 Wr250
    There are 3 styles of tmx carbs. First gen has a slide that looks like a half round slide, the second is a flat slide that my 07 wr250 & honda cr250's use, the third is the new kidney shaped slide that 09 & newer husky's use, some times called a tmxx. The cr250 does not use a tm carb, the slides look similar but are not interchangeable.
  13. flatlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 Wr250
    You can down load the parts manual for your bike @ hall's cycle & husqvarna outlet web site, maybe more. The manuals have exploited parts views & all the part numbers.
  14. Huskynox Husqvarna
    C Class

Sudco can't get the 4.0 slides, all they can get is the standard 5.0. They told me that all the "special non-std slides" are made for manufacturers, and are their own slides, Mikuni CAN NOT sell them.

This is what I was told.

They did think that Honda did make a 4.0 slide from 2001-2003, but I called Honda and they couldn't verify the size of the slide from their microfich.

I guess it will have to be thru a Husky dealer...?
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I have an OEM Husky 4.0 slide that I never used (I sold my '00 WR250 before I tried it.) PM me if interested.