1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Where to get brake pads?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sned2502st, Jan 3, 2013.

1. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Hows everybody doing. I have been gone for a while with computer issues, and had to finally start over with new name and passwords and such.

Anyway I have a 2011 WR250, and need rear brake pads.

I ordered them from rockymountain for front and rear and they keep sending me the wrong rear set. Front were good. The rear they send me say MXS368 on them but that means nothing to rockymountain.

What aftermarket brand and where are you getting them from?
  2. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Get them for an 01 wr360, FA208x I only run EBC. Or order from a Husky dealer. I order mine from Wilmington Powersports.
  3. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    I got pads from a local-ish dealer (Ridersville Cycle) for my 125. They sold me the 208 pad which was wrong for my bike (needs the 368 pad). The parts guy said that is what the Parts-Unlimited book listed though. So someone somewhere has bad info.
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Yes. The EBC catalog is incorrect. New bikes txc/tc/125 use the little pads, wr250/300 use the older big 208 pads. RMATV uses the EBC catalog for their PN, so even their numbers are off.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Order from Bills (BMP), always right, always quick, to anywhere. Sometimes farking around with this crap is irritating and one call to the great people at Bills and a few days later the RIGHT parts are on your doorstep. Thats what I do.
  6. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Yeah I finally talked to someone at EBC. They told me my bike was the 208. I would like to order from the dealer but it is just too costly most of the time. I get charged tax and a $12 handling fee for a set of brake pads.
  7. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Enduro Engineering has alot of stuff for Huskys now. Rear brake pads are $30. I think they are Galfer.
  8. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
  9. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

10. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    EBC pads are junk stay away from them go with stock brembo as a first choice 2nd moose pads.
  11. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Can you elaborate on what is "junk" about them?
  12. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I've run EBC pads on lots of bikes (and cars) and I have never had an issue with them. In fact, I am running them on the front of my 610 right now.
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
  14. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I run Moose or DP pads (Moose pads are made by DP). Longest / best working pads I have found.
  15. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    EBC have chunked on me several times in the past. When pushing them to limits. Especially in the tight south jersey woods where I ride. Also they do not transition well between wet and dry conditions. Not worth it for me. If your a rider out taking it easy cruising around taking it easy they probably would be OK.
  16. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Yeah I have been using the EBC MXS pads on the last couple bikes and never had a problem. As far as how they last I guess they do pretty good.
  17. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I have also used the EBC MX-S pads on my husaberg and they seem to last fairly long, they do seem to wear the brake rotors more than other brands though.
    Glenn haynes likes this.
  18. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Hey everyone, I need a little clarification. I just ordered some Braking pads for the rear of my 2008 WR250...and they sent me the wrong pads. I'm interested in the EBC FA208x, but some websites say it's a carbon pad, some say it's sintered metal which is what I want. Is the FA208x the MX-S series?
    Also, does anybody know the part number for the Moose XCR pads? Thanks!
  19. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
  20. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    I use the Moose XCR pads for all my woods and desert riding/racing. They're a little pricey at $40 for a set of front or rear, but I'm happy w/them; they brake in quickly, work great in the rain and mud and can easily be deglazed if necessary. I order mine from Jeff at Tasky's Metric Cycle in Everett Washington.