1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Wheres This Leak Coming From

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Feb 7, 2012.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Its not low of coolant, the clamps are on good, I cant see any cracks in the hose.....I am sooo confused.
    [IMG]
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Hard to tell from that picture. So much stuff all over everywhere. I like to scrub the engine and surrounding area spotless, then run the bike long enough to get it good and hot, then see where it's coming from.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Is it spooge from the power valve cover? There isn't much that gets down there but it can leak.
  4. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    I'm no expert, and at the risk of sounding a little strange, when I see a leak like that in my bike or car (that I am concerned about) I drag my finger through it and smell it.
    Usually gives me a pretty good clue as to the kind of fluid I am dealing with. I guess I'm just weird that way.
  5. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Coolant hose. I had same thing on mine. I tried sanding the casting and had the clamp really tight, but it wouldn't stop until I replaced the hose.
    windsurf and ohmygewd like this.
  6. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had the same with mine the casting has a ridge mark which prevents the hose from clamping down properly. Sanding smooth helps to elimate the problem. It seems to be very common I have checked many 250s and 300 in the dealers, most of them are leaking to a greater or lesser extent.
  7. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    Just a thought, I put a zip tie around the down tube on the frame to hold the wires and got it around the over flow hose for the radiator. Just had put the motor back together so naturally thought I had a made a mistake on the re-assembly. The zip tie was enough to let it force the coolant out somewhere else. Thankfully figured it out before tearing it back down. Just say'in
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How do you like the Magura clutch?
  9. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Flat out orgasmic. Single best upgrade I could make besides keihin and motosportz dampiner.
    I have a finger on the clutch constantly so arm pump "was" an issue but no longer.
  10. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Wasnt there an aftermkt hose kit advertised for the 300 here at some point? I wouldnt mind taking this oppurtunity and upgrading these cheapy things.
  11. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I think it was DRC silicone hoses. they looked sweet too
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep.
  13. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I roll the other way. When I see a leak I start loading it up with grease and gunk in hopes it stops the leak :D

I wouldn't even try to fix that leak. These bikes dont even need coolant. I've done the research ;)
  14. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Funny you say that....my friend who has a 10 ktm300 lectured me about getting an overflow tank for the radiator cus of all the switchbacks we ride. I just smiled and xplained that this bike dont need it. I have sen several posts over a couple yrs here where someone lostt a radiator or whatever and bike ran just fine.
  15. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Yeah, I remember motosapians talking about losing his coolant on a renegade ride and he had no issues. That made me feel better about climbing my bike to 11k ft on a bone dry radiator last August.
    Oops....
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My 125 did 60 miles of nasty technical hill climbs with NO coolant. It got so hot it melted the plastic powervalve arm. Cylinder looked OK and piston was still free and the bike was still running. My GG250 was raced without coolant and is still on the same piston. Give me air cooling back please.