Whibs to Husky?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by crb345, Oct 24, 2008.

1. crb345 Husqvarna
    B Class

So the rumor mill says Whibley and Jarrett are going to Husky next year. Whats the scoop?

Whibs rode Husky before and they say Suzuki is cutting back on riders and will only have Strang and Mullins.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I've heard this also..... Scott Summers likes the Huskys so much there is talk that he'll run a privateer team. Whibs rode Hondas for Scott, so is this a possibility? I also heard Scot Harden was going to pow wow with Summers at the last GNCC about a team. Glenn Kearney is supposed to have his own Husky team in GNCC for next year, Southern Hemisphere connection?. I'm not sure where Jarrett fits in, but he's a diehard 2 stroke guy and I could see him on a WR300! Whibs wins a Championship and Suzuki sends him packing? Randy Hawkins and Steve Hatch know all about team Suzuki!
    Norman
  3. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

Scott Summers puts a team together in less time than it takes me to change brake pads and he was very successful as was Kearney (when he finished). They had no time to ride the Huskys before the first race because of BMW's failure to provide bikes. So Scott decided to run Huskys. And I believe that pissed BMW off.

Why would a team manager wait on bikes while they have invested so much money that will be waisted if nobody rides? That would be a bigger embarrassment in my eyes. BMW should have used this time to promote the Husky's and their bike on the sideline. But inspite of all his hard work BMW decided to cancel Scott's contract early.

I have come to the conclusion that I will never understand Big Business.:bonk::bonk:
  4. crb345 Husqvarna
    B Class

With Jarret being a two stroke guy then riding for Husky would make sense because there are no more zook smokers. The only way Jarrett could stay on a smoker is to ride a Husky, KTM, or GASER.
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The only thing I read was what was on Off Road Champions a while back.
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I talked to the Prez of Husk NA today at the Ironman GNCC. He says they can't afford Scott's services. I say he can't afford not have him. Scott has sold more bikes than he will ever sell.
  7. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mark Brady was there?
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I guess so, that's the way he was introduced to me.