1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Which aftermarket pipe for the WR250?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Huskynox, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Huskynox Husqvarna
    C Class

After pricing the stock pipe @ $500, I've decided to look at aftermarket pipes. I know the stocker is suppose to work best, but $500 is crazy!

So, anyone WITH experience with aftermarket pipes, can you please chime in? I see Pro Circuit builds a "Works" and a "Platinum". FMF builds a "Fatty" and "Gnarley".

I actually like the looks of the Pro Circuit "Works" pipe, but not too sure of what it's tuned for...the web site really doesn't say....?

My WR250 is a 2007, but it looks like anything from 99-08 will work.

Thanks for your inputs.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The "C2" is the best pipe I have tried on a WR250. I have no idea how or where to get one.
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My favorite was the HGS besides stock exhaust. I had a HGS, Sletchen, and a Doma for my '07 WR 250. The HGS seemed to smooth out the bike with a good mid/Top. Doma increased bottom but made the bike a little harder to ride. Sletchen only lasted 1 race before I smashed it. I tried for a while to get a 2C pipe and thought I had one until it said Sletchen on the side of it. I am pretty sure Enduro Engineering pipes are made by 2C. Check with FBF and also run a Wanted Ad on here. The easiest and least expensive is to get the FMF. I never ran one on the 250 but it did good on the 125.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    So far I've only uped the FMF, but it seems to work pretty good. I've been meaning to get now of the new PC P2 pipes and try it, but things keep popping up.

Husky has a special parts pipe #8000A9973 that I'd like to try.

There are some DEP pipes on ebay that also look interesting.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but somebody's going to have to start testing pipes and it may as well be you. :D
  5. Huskynox Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks, I forgot to check FBF. They do list the 2C pipe. It's pretty expensive at $329, but maybe it's worth the extra $$$..? It's cheaper than $500 for a stocker.

So no one has tried the 2C, huh?

Thanks
  6. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

FBF's website is not current, the only chance of him having one is if he was cleaning out his shop. In other words you are going to have to call him. I think as far as price you are better off someone who wants to sell a good used one or going with one of the U.S. manufactures. CRD makes one too and not sure about Leo Vince, I know they make one for a 125. Some place like Pipe City (I think it's called) may be able to help too.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    See post 2 above. Love that pipe. Stock was my favorite over FMF/PC but thsi C2 pipe is the goods making more power than the stock. Boarding on to much.
  8. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I guess I always ran an fmf pipe on my wr 250's. Seemed to have good power and smooth to, and stronger then the stock pipe.
  9. Huskynox Husqvarna
    C Class

Correct! I called FBF, they state they haven't had the 2C pipe in a couple years (nice). I've tried to search the web for 2C and can't find anything. Are they still in business?
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  11. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

This Procircuit works well on my WR250 heaps better power
    Although i had problems mounting it because of my bash plate
    check out the photo

[IMG]

[YOUTUBE]Cj537MtsxjQ[/YOUTUBE]
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That's because you have KTM seal savers on there. Take 'em off and the pipe should mount right up. :lol:
  13. Huskynox Husqvarna
    C Class

14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, you don't see 'em made like that much anymore.

It's my experience that Euro pipes tend to be more top end than U.S. pipes, but everything seems more top endie when you compare them to the stock WR pipe.
  15. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    I have three pipes for my 07 wr250. A FMF Gnarly, 2C, and a Doma. The gnarly is weak. The 2C is very thin and dents easily. It also has a very pipy sound at high rmps that gets annoying. The Doma on the other hand is awesome. It fits correctly. It revs to the moons and is attractive not only in looks but sound too. The Doma is by far the best. It came with the bike so finding one is a mystery to me.
  16. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I had a DOMA for a Honda CR250 that was probable my favorite pipe for it. VERY broad power and rev'd like nothing else, too. But, it was thin and bent and dented constantly.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250

I had 2 of these C2 racing pipes for my 02 CR250 ... got them off ebay .... total bad a$$ pipe ... It really let the beast out of the cage ... It added to the entire powerband ...added some bottom end grunt, 2xxx on the MID range and then screamed out the top ... had the PRO circuit pipes also ... Not even close to the same same overall performance as the C2 ... They did cost about 40% less though ... PC did make 2 models, one for the woods and it was OK and one for the top end ... The latter pipes have very weak bottom end and ok in the MID but did scream out the top ... it was my desert pipe...

Pipes greatly affect 2T engines and this pipe will do the work ....

This is a racing pipe and not nearly as strong \ heavy as the other pipes so crashes will take a bigger toll on it ... And you'll might have to change the SA also possibility ... and yep ... mine sounded like a bad a$$ 2T ... Just like it is suppose to :)

One of the catalogs for the new Husky bikes has a pipe listed in it that is the same as a 2C pipe (I think) but I lost that PDF file ... I'll send out a link if can find it later today ....

Update: http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/_vti_g5_coll.aspx?rpstry=200_ The special parts catalog link at the bottom of this page should have a 2T pipe in it ... I think I read where this a the same pipe as a 2C but made by another company ... You'll need to verify this before the purchase ...
  18. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, the spacial parts pipe. I need to get one of those to try. It does look like it's possible a 2C copy.
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    FYI.

The Husky special parts pipe, 8000A9973 list for $329.99.
  20. mac75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What FMF pipe fits a 09 wr 250.... Fmf only list pipes up to 06 .... Will that pipe fit?