1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Which Cylinder for 165 kit ?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 72racerx, Apr 18, 2013.

1. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    Hello All !! I'm looking at going the 165 route. My question is what cylinder to use. I have noticed that there is different cylinders listed for certain years & models. What are the differences between them. Is one type more of a stand out than others, pros/cons ? I have access to a 08 WR125 cylinder assy w/head & power valves. Will this one be ok? Any advise is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

That one will be great. The older style like that tends to be a bit better on the bottom. They all work well from '98 to 2013 but the older style is just a bit more robust on the bottom than the newer style. I attribute this mostly to smaller but more transfers. This generates more velocity at lower rpms. The newer style probably has a bit of an advantage at peak rpms. The differences are slight though. The biggest issue with the older style is getting power valves. The old style are hard to come by and very spendy to buy new.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    Thanks for the advice Wally !! I was hoping you would guide me in the right direction. Also how do I tell between the different year cylinders are there any marking to look out for?
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The old ones have more transfer ports. seven? - new ones 5

5. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wally, I don't see a link in your profile to your shop info? Do you have a website detailing specifics on your engine services?
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Try the Motorsportz website - Kelly handles the retail side for him
    Blakelpd5 likes this.