1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Which spring rates you running'? (2010 WR300)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by giantjoe, Dec 14, 2011.

1. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    So I've read Vinduro's suspension guide, and have come to the conclusion that I may not have to buy fork springs, but I'm not too sure. Using RaceTech's spring rate calculator I've determined that a 210 lb tall guy should be running .48 up front and 5.8 in the rear. According to Vinduro, I may not need to go that heavy in the front. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of having a Husky dealer (that stocks parts) in my vicinity, everything is a special order so I only want to do it once. So, background accounted for, here's the question...

If you're around 210lbs what spring rates are you running on a 250/300, and are they adequate?
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    You have different forks than me but I am 195/200 and run .44 spring with very little preload to get Vinduro's sag #'s. I think the Race Tech calculator has me needing .46, which sat the fork up too high. It turned like a chopper.
    giantjoe likes this.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    @ 210 lbs you will likely not need much preload with a 5.8 shock spring. I weigh 210 and use a 5.6 with approx 10mm spring preload and my SAG numbers came out perfectly. I think either way you can get where you need to be. I left the stock springs in the forks but cleaned them out (especially the hard assembly grease around the valving) and changed the oil to 10w Bel-Ray and lowered the level to 130mm. Many on here will doubt that that could possibly work but the clickers came out in the middle of their adjustment without a re-valve and the ride rivals the LTR Ohlins on my GasGas. After you get the right springs in, much of all this is an opinion. I ride slow technical roots, logs and rocks and I'm not a fast A rider. My set up is really good for me and only involved purchasing a shock spring, some 10w Bel-Ray and a seal/bushing driver from Motion Pro.
    giantjoe likes this.
  4. muggsy Husqvarna
    A Class

Stock fork springs 5.8 rear spring about 215 lbs w/gear
    giantjoe likes this.
  5. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Iam the same weight . I run .48 front 5.6 rear ,works very well
    giantjoe likes this.
  6. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Keep em' coming, I'll end up getting an average pretty soon. :)
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Do the KYB'S have two springs in them? If they do, do you have to do the other spring?
  8. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Me = clueless. If there are two springs in each side, I'm not changing them...
  9. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    290!? That's not close to 200! I can relate to the 6'7" though. This bike sure is more comfortable out of the box for us isn't it? I've lowered my pegs, and that's about it. I may get around to getting a longer shift lever (size 15), but once I swapped the spacer on the pegs it helped a lot.
  10. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This with the Zokes
  11. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Mine is KYB.
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    .44 fork and a 5.6 shock with about 9mm preload. Little over 200# geared up.
  13. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    So yeah, it sounds like I can get away with running the stock springs up front. I shall make my order tomorrow! I'll probably go 5.8 in the back since it's pretty unlikely I'm going to be losing weight any time soon.:popcorn:
  14. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

On my WR150, I weigh 185lbs neked. I use .42kg fork springs (down on from stock) and a 6kg shock spring, up 5 steps from stock. I am getting less than 10mm preload. More like 7-8mm. I had to run these springs to get the sags correct. But my spring rates are perfect and the bike handles great and is stable without a steering damper. I can also throw my leg over the seat and fender. I had trouble when I had to run too much preload to get the correct rider sag.
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    hey joe howd you swap the spacer over on the footpegs, did it involve cutting/grinding or can you return em back to stock position. dont wanna start butchering me bike but wouldnt mind a bit more room(6'4" 220lbs). good thread, info i can use-stock springs up front & 5.8-6kg rear sounds pretty good to me, time for a new spring! sorry to deviate off topic
  16. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    whats stock fork spring rate out of interest 2010 wr300 kyb mate?
  17. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Hacksaw on the pegs. I never welded them back yet. Just hacked the spacer off, put it on the other side and outthe springs on opposite sides of the bike. Much cheaper than fastways.