1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st WhO has a hydraulic clutch

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pinittowinit, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just got my magura in the mail yesterday. I'm trying to set it up, but it appears that I'm still short from the slave to the clutch arm. Does anyone have pictures?
  2. yanchocik Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a Magura hyd. clutch set up on my WR250. You have to make an extension from the slave cylinder to the clutch arm.

I will try to post a few photos tonight.
  3. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

It came with an extension kit but even with that it still looks short. Humm
  4. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    do these exist for the wr300?
  5. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

yes they exist. i just got one from magura directly. they arent listed anywhere but they made one for Glenn Kearney when he raced a wr300 back in 09. i now have his bike and contacted the mechanic which in turn gave me the contact info at magura who promptly sent me one. :p

im having some install issues though. and it appears that the cylinder must be removed to install. the reed cage intake that is cast into the cylinder is in the way. i can get it in, but once in you cant adjust it so now it wont disengage the clutch. hummm
  6. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

could it be my clutch springs? maybe there are HD springs in there. afterall my clutch always dragged a tad. but the basket is good.
  7. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would contact Kearney's old mechanic and see what he has to say. I'm sure he went through the same things you are going through if there is a problem.
  8. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

I did and he told me what to do. Food for thought but if you are having clutch drag issues you can adjust the rod length by removing the clutch cover and losing the jam nut. Clockwise makes the rod longer thus opening the clutch a bit more which should eliminate drag.
  9. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got it dialed in. WOW like butter I love it. Smooth as a ktm300 clutch. Makes riding so better. Removing the clutch springs makes life much much easier. And adjusting the pushrod may be nessarry.
  10. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think I'll be ordering mine soon. I was quoted $240 from Magura USA.
  11. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have one on my RXV and would suggest a braided line for it. The plasic one that comes in the kit is kind of hokie.
  12. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine came with a braided line. I paid about 210 shipped.
    After the pain in the ass install and riding it I would pay double. The only issue I found is the clutch drags only after stopping for a while or during first startup. Works flawless in the trails. No dragging in gear nothing. Seems like the clutch needs to warm up. I'm gonna try to adjust the throw on the clutch rod a tad
  13. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Who did you talk to at Magura? I like that price better! If you have an email, that would be great.
  14. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class