1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Who has jumped ship ?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Sandgroper, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just wondering how many Husky owners have sold their old Husky (before KTM took them over) and purchased the KTM versions ?
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    They are getting a following here on the Cafe. I just got an Italian 250 from a member getting ready to make the jump. But he's keeping his 300.
  3. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I wanted a lower seat height and electric start so I went Beta.
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I like the higher seat height and more open ergos so I'm staying with my 09 wr250 for a while. The white ktms do look good though.
  5. CCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 WR250 11 WR250
    Sold the TXC310 and went with the Beta. More of a 4T to 2T thing though.
    trailboss and ohmygewd like this.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I like my Italian bikes just fine. I already owned a KTM, so I am not ready to own another one (of any color scheme) just yet.:rolleyes:
    Palito, PowerKord and lankydoug like this.
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Only rode ktm and berg never owend one, but i love my itallian owned husky yes its not true husky whatever but it suits my lack of riding style perfectly!
  8. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Two Italians and one French
    Motosportz likes this.
  9. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I did... mostly because I knew parts were going to be an issue and been there done that.... but so many people buying them I went to a 16 300rr....
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    San, may not really matter if you can see all the numbers ... Husky never sold many bikes in the past but there may be more 2t bikes out there than I realize... Very few riders here who are on the Husqvarna wagon ... Most people here have multiple brands or a commercial interest on the brand. There should be a few riders with me who stay Husky over time but the point is moot ..Time moves on and waits for no man ...

KTM is world wide, winning about every race under the sun, meaning they will always be advertised in a positive light by ~any article written on any racing ... They have the rider numbers, proven by sales numbers, and they have the cash, both riders and the company ... But Husky has a deeper heritage and I'm sticking with my predication of ktm dirt riders moving over to Husky over the next ~decade... SP will have to explain this to stock holders (Bajaj included) over this same time frame, if it comes to light.
  11. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Hes going to be held in high esteam with share holders," hay why have such a percent moved from ktm to our premium brand husqvarna?" "Yes why is that we are very angry for the extra money we now earn off every bike sold... Very very angry."

Lol i know some will loose out but to the majority only husqvarna will win.
  12. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Still have my 95 WR360 and 2k WR250 and about to receive a Berg FE350 so l've brought everyone together in my garage!!! End of the day, l looked for everything other than a KTM, yes the Berg and new Husky are KTM's in disguise with an arse tranplant but the fact that there is no orange on there give's me a sense that l am not a member of the Orange brigade.
    95's are becoming hard to find parts especially plastics so the motor's been transplanted into the 250 chassis, if l was on the look out for a modern 2T it would have been a Beta over the Husqberg TE300, just the starter motor alone sold me.

At the end of the day l think this forum is A1 in terms of info, friendly banter but most of all, passionate and knowledgable members...in Australia, Husky owners needed to have thick skins as KTM fanboys just continually heaped crap over anyone who didn't ride orange...karma returned when some of these fanboy's bought new Husky's and boy do l remind them!!!
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeah but the floggers still just say theyre ktms.

im thinking bout selling both bikes(wr125 & wr300) towards end of year or next but id really like to keep the 125 & get the beta 250. depends how finances work out whether i have to sell both. curious as to what will happen with SWMs 2ts as a new gen 'husky' 250/300 & 125 might be very interesting to me also. some hard parts etc would swap over too. would depend on their pricing a fair bit too as beta is pretty competitive

personally dont have anything against new huskys/ktm but price is just ridiculous down under-cant justify it!
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    The one thing I've noticed amongst many here on the site is that for those with Italian 2 strokes looking to get a new bike it's easily 50/50 if not 60/40 in favor of the Beta getting the nod over the white katoom.

I have a local dealer that sells both and sitting on the Beta 300 and TE 300 back to back. The Beta feels better and the build quality is better also.
    shawbagga likes this.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Ride safe Amigos!
  16. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    03' Ducati MTS 1000, 12' Ducati 848
    How are you liking the Beta this far?
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I've made the switch and am very happy on multiple fronts.... Bike works well, fit and finish is excellent, dealer and aftermarket support are great. The fact that so many parts crossover to KTM, makes life simple. I made the transition from Swedish to Italian and now Austrian Huskys.... All great bikes!
  18. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm with ya on the lower seat height. Problem is, in order to get a Beta I'd need to sell both my WR250 and TE511. I'm torn between selling-out and putting a 300 kit and Lectron on my WR. And don't even get me started on the prices of the KTM/Husky models.
    shawbagga and 454x like this.
  19. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You have good reliable bikes you could ride for the next ten years with little problem, just spend a little money lowering if that what you really want.
    Cosmokenney and 454x like this.
  20. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Well, I just joined this ship last Oct, so not planning to jump yet. Except for recurring intake air leaks mine is doing just what I intended, no need to upgrade anytime soon. At this point I prefer to fine tune and enjoy what I've got.

:cheers:
    lankydoug and husky jim like this.