1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Who makes these junk guards??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pinittowinit, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

This rad guards suck ass!! Fell over not moving onto a rock.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nobody knows?
  3. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    They look like OFG radiator guards, which are pretty well known for being good guards. They're what I have on my TE630. If you ask me, they kept you from having to push your bike home (as I don't see a coolant leak), so they did their job.

[IMG]
    tommytwostroke likes this.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

OFG guards have worked great for me. Taken many substantial shots with no radiator damage. Maybe you should look a little closer to home for the suck ass problem. Sorry, just hate to see someone trash a product under dubious circumstances.
  5. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

They are definitely OFG braces I use them , taken quite a few hits and no problems , Looks like someone kick the shit out of your bike when you werent looking , you might of been complanining about them .
  6. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

They might have worked good for others, and I'm happy for the, but to crunch a radiator like that at zero mph is not acceptable. I'm not here to slander anyone, just wanted to know who made them so I can talk to them.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
  8. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    I agree w/jtemple. The brace did its job. re-bend and re-ride.
  9. kumz Husqvarna
    AA Class

He aint tellin the whole story...a small rock from the tire of my KTM hit his radiator. Guess the sheer power and torque of team orange can do that to a husky radiator. It would have probably broke billetproofs...[IMG]
  10. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like Meca System to me. I use them myself, and they work, but i think it´s unavoidable to get some bends on the rads with a hard hit anyway. i suppose you should be glad not to get a leak, but it´s not fun to bend them.
  11. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know anything goes on the trail. Just disappointed in the structural integrity if them. Sent the rad out for repair, it's coming back fixed with a set of bulletproofs. I have used them before and never bent anything.
  12. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Watch it with the BPD's on a hit like that. The lower rad shrouds (conveyors) will still be mounted to your radiators and WILL transfer a hit like dropping the bike on a log or rock directly through the shroud to your cores. I ditched my lower shrouds and made some flush mounted ones from mud flap material to avoid this again. Now the BPD's can do their job completely.
  13. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

They might also be CRD guards, I had a set that looked just like those..
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Then you could have simply asked 'who makes these guards?'.

No need to start a thread titled "who makes these junk guards" with this in your first post.
  15. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

well when i typed the thread i was in the mountian hotter than a fire cracker on the fourth of july while i looked at my mangled radiator. i also emailed them with no response. it seems on forums in general that if a product is good and people love it then when someone has a bad comment they get jumped on. i took both guards off and threw them in the aluminium recycle bin. not before i bent the inner part in half with my hand. if i hurt anyones feelings with saying they are junk oh well because they are in my eyes. if they have worked good for you then great. remember this was from falling over not moving. nothing else broke, no plastic, no dent in pipe.
    and slander i guess wasnt the right word to use because the def is "a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report"
    so i correct myself. here is the email i sent OFG
    " Rather disappointed in your rad guards to say the least. This happened not moving and fell over on a flat smooth rock. I understand that these are dirtbikes and nothing can be protected 100% or even 75%. if I had hit something at any speed I can accept that. But to get this kind of damage from tipping over is upsetting when the product cost 100.00. Now my 100 rad guards cost me a 175.00 radiator. Just for the record I have never send an email about a dirtbike product. Thanks and aloha"

and i was guessing at the cost of a radiator, its actually 130 something if memory serves, but doesnt matter 55.00 to fit it, 13.00 in shipping.
  16. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

You are going to pay someone 55 dollars to install the radiator? You should send that radiator to Mylers...they would fix that for forty.
  17. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you are going to cry about a bent radiator then you need a new hobby. Those same braces have worked wonders for me even after peeling trees 3rd or 4th gear pinned.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Guys, I started this site to have a nice place to discuss things.

I would appreciate it if you could keep things that way.
  19. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

I appreciate knowing about products that don't meet expectations.
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    This falls under product reviews and pinittowinit gave this set of guards got a bad review. Just like gem I too appreciate knowing. I have a set of Flatlands on my 03 GasGas that saved the rads countless times I'm sure so I bought a set for my Husky before I rode it once. On the 1st 5 min. of the 1st ride I hit a hidden rock in some leaves on a 3rd gear downhill and hit hard testing my pipe guard my rad guards and my body armor, all was well A+ review.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.