1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Who's the Oldest?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by spud1968, Jan 28, 2013.

1. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

As i get older i'm beginning to wonder how many more years i've got left in the saddle. I'm 44 and still riding competitions and collecting trophies. You?
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Damn, you have at least another 26 years of racing left. I am only 55 but it a reallllly high mileage 55.
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I don't race but l know of plenty of 'Vets' over 40, that are still racing and winning trophies...if your body is in good shape then you can ride for years!!!
    Wonders of modern knee, shoulder and back surgery:thumbsup:
    wallybean likes this.
  4. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    Not competing but enjoying riding at 57 will be 58 this year
    ray_ray, steadydirt and wallybean like this.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

54 and just as fast as I was last week :D.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

56 and still racing the Nationals But then at the so Cal National the guy next to me was 72 and still one fast old guy
    Out of 400 guys on the line a good 50 year old can finish in the top 30 guys in there 40 are in the top 10
    so it is never to old to ride
    Tinken, 454x and steadydirt like this.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hey where is the ride report/video from last weekend? :)
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I posted the video from Jackrabbits already Yesterday was round 1 of the Nationals As for the video i got all 3.5 hours BUT for some reason I did not keep the lens clean and the video is not that great.As for the race I was sick as a dog with the flu but it was a National so I was stubit and raced it anyway.I did finish and am waithing for the results.
    This weeken is King of the Moto and that one has me really woried.I have been out testing riding some of the trails from last year and hope I can at least make a few of the hills come race day.I am down to 12/52 with a super sticky trails tire.I have gone places with that set up I never would have thought possable
    so we will see in a few days
    454x and wallybean like this.
  9. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Hell, I didn't start racing until 42 and at 46 now, I feel like I'm just getting started!
    454x likes this.
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    57 and pretty darned slow, but I have two friends who are in their 80s and they are still riding the dirt....so hopefully I have a few more years left!:thumbsup:
    86 400 XC and 2premo like this.
  11. Minidad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 tc250
    56yrs old just got a used 125 and having a blast again, I think I am done with the 4 strokes!
    Going to start racing again next month( the 125 ) after about a 3 year lay off from racing. I was not having fun on the 4 stroke and almost gave up riding until I was talked into giving it one last go on a 125, I am so happy that I did.
    Not sure what mods to do to it I ride mostly moto but I am thinking the Lectron carb and Scalvini pipe is all I need. I weight only 135 so it think the carb pipe combo should be good for me.
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think that combo would be sweeeet on a Husky 125.
  13. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    I'll b 55 in May & still bouncing off of trees, lol. The Master (50+) class in FL have some of the biggest lines for the weekend. A, 20-25 bikes, B 25 -35 bikes & C (what I ride) has 30-40+ bikes on the line for most weekends. The 66+ class usually has 8-10 guys & you better not get in their way, they don't have the patience to wait for you to move over :eek: Just get out there, race YOUR pace & have a blast...........
    steadydirt likes this.
  14. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I'll be 61 in April and still racing. B Masters Class in AMA District 36 Competition. Won my class last weekend. Some of the A Masters are over 70 and can still fly! :eek:
    454x and steadydirt like this.
  15. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I'm 45 and feel younger some days but feel older most of the others LOL, I will ride until they take my bike away or I forget where I put it:oldman:! You're only as old as you feel, keep feeling young every-one:cheers:
    2premo likes this.
  16. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    56 and a good 90 minute bushride today in 5" of snow-trophies are good but it's really about the sweat distilled organic dopamine
    454x likes this.
  17. 86 400 XC Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    75,82,83,2x84,85,3x86,87,88 and 89
    Other Motorcycles:
    more Huskys
    Right on some of you make me feel young, lol I will be 49 in April.
  18. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

A friend of mine, Helmet "Speedy" Clasen from Canada by way of Germany is at least 77 or 78 years old now and just starting to slow down racing.
    I'm 57 and just moved from the A50+ class in Enduro to the A200 class. Have been in process last 6 months getting my shoulders rebuilt and replaced. I'm not ready to quit.
    steadydirt likes this.
  19. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

I,m also 50 and soon to be 51 and my choice of weapon is the WB 165 and I have no problem getting motivated to get up sunday morning and doing 35 miles + on tight single track.There is a 57 year old guy out on the same loop that A riders in there 20s &30,s can,t run with,this guy is a freak of nature,he is extra fast .
  20. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Im 56, don't race but love to ride!