1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Why Does Everyone Think I'm Nuts??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Travis616, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    Does anyone else get comments like 'why' and 'ohh' when you tell people you ride a husky? A suspension guy was asking a mutual friend 'why' when he mentioned that I had bought a husky last year. Everyone seems to think they are crappy bikes because there aren't many around or they haven't heard of them before (I know...). Maybe it's just a Canadian thing? Lol
    melias24 likes this.
  2. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I don't get that at all. In fact, the guys I race with are actually quite interested in the bike. I get why some wouldn't be scared, though. I'd buy another one in a second, but not at the prices people are asking for them. They were typically discounted when new and IMO, with the uncertainty with parts, that affects the value - and not in a positive way.

I do get looks when I tell them how inferior I think Japanese bikes are now, after having owned the Husky.
    Kam1 likes this.
  3. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Lack of knowledge by most people... its not a Jap bike and they don't see RV2 winning on one its not any good.... plus the dirt bike rags have kept that crappy attitude around forever....

I remember in like 02 or 03 the 250sx was in a test against the other 250s....

It had far better hardware, controls, brakes, more power, better clutch, excel rims the only thing they could complain about it was the PDS is "different" and souldnt fit 8" numbers on it.... it got last... every other bike had a laundry list of "bad" things but, were far better....
    Kam1 and everfree like this.
  4. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have ridden Honda all my life, there's the reason I still have my Honda. Right now I'm still faster on it but not by much, and the difference is in the corners but that's a different thread :) I think that must be some of it - for the last 20 years I have never raced anything else, but who knows. When I'm out practicing and making adjustments there's always some comments about it 'never being as good as (insert brand here)' or 'that's likely why no one buys them' I have followed what little there ever was about husky in the mags since the late 80's, always interested but could never pull the trigger on one. They have always been a little 'different' but that's part of the appeal for me, different doesn't have to be a bad thing. A little before my time but Yamaha's mono shock must have gotten some of the same talk until the benefits were realized back in the '70s. I'm honestly not sure if it's the bike for me or not but I am going to give it a fair shake and so far there isn't anything faulting the bike in its design or components, I may have to point out to these people that out of all the brands, I chose the husky because it's the only bike with the potential to out perform my old Honda. So there. Hahaha
  5. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Magazines pushing KTM. And ktm owners being threatened by anything not orange. Really. If you read the test of the 09 300 comparison in Dirt Bike or Dirt Rider between the KTM, GasGas and Husky 300's, literally the only reason they gave the nod to the KTM was because of a hydro clutch. Then when they did the individual test of the husky, they ding things like that, but later on say how great the clutch feel is even compared to a hydro, etc. Its all a bunch of crap really. These are great bikes with solid reliable motors and great components. I have yet to DNF a ride in 5 and a half years of love and abuse and the only thing holding this bike back is, unfortunately....the rider :cheers:
    surfer1100, Ken Hynes, Kam1 and 4 others like this.
  6. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I have never encountered this. As far as I know, Husqvarna sits above KTM in the off road market, seen as highly prestige and sought after. They have a longer history than KTM. I specifically sought a Husqvarna rather than just any old KTM as my first motorbike.
  7. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Am I wrong or is Husqvarna one of the oldest manufacturers around?
    gazmcfaza likes this.
  8. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just to clarify... KTM has positioned the "new" Husky as the premium brand.... I kinda figured we were talking Italian husky since we are in that area... lol
  9. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I get nothing but compliments and questions about mine, kids on the street ask me to wheelie when they hear it coming, bearing in mind how many enduro championships husky won and how old the original brand is I couldn't care less about what people thought of it, it's the best bike I've ever owned, best gearbox, best engine and longest I've ever kept
    racemx904 likes this.
  10. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    There are a lot of Italian Husky baggers around - some of the 4 strokes had electrical reliability issues and I think that's why they think they are all crap
    Annoying but who cares - they don't get to ride a great bike which was probably half the cost of their own
    duggoey and marcmo0 like this.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    The only thing I ever get, even at my last race, was "how's that Husky work for ya? " I walked up to a guy on a 2010 WR300 in the "heavyweight" line ahead of me and told him it was nice to see another Italian Husky. Said the same we all do. "Got it for a great deal and I love it, let's go pass some pumkins and rice burners"
    marcmo0 and shawbagga like this.
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Def in the US Husky fell into obscurity with the end of the FBF racing effort. Did BMW even support any riders in the US? Poor marketing, poor sales and typical BS in the mainstream media stained the image for the general public. Plus we all drank the Jap koolaide at some point and some of us didn't ever recover.
    Things have sure changed recently though, pretty soon I think Husky will again be recognized and appreciated in the US. :cheers:
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I see more new white katos at every race. It's getting the attention from the desert racers for sure.
  14. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    It seems like they are fairly well known in the off road groups. Not so much on the mx side, and it's too bad because there are a lot of good pieces put into these huskys. I wanted to get one before KTM had a hand in them, I have never been a fan of that orange and black. They weren't right for me anyways. Hope I get mine dialed in soon so I can silence a few people. Who am I kidding - there will be a new story then. I'm glad that everyone else is seeing positive feedback
  15. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    The previous owner of my CR125 Husky ran it at Red Bud and won in the B class against 250 4 strokes. It has jack to do with the bike in my opinion... Having a milled head,PC exhaust, and good jetting didn't hurt...
    Travis616 likes this.
  16. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    And in 2014 Kailub Russell won the last 2 GNCC races on a 150xc! :thumbsup:
    Durangedgoat likes this.
  17. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have pulled holeshots against a gp class where I was the only 125, have worked through a race to beat 250's and 450's as well. All stuff that should never happen really but they did. Lol
  18. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Who "really" uses the power of a 450? Pros and some A riders that's about it.... A 125 has plenty of power for 90% of what we ride.... Even as a phat arse at 225lbs it lugs me around and still beat plenty of guys on faster and much newer bikes....
    Idacurt, gazmcfaza and ripnriding like this.
  19. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I disagree, they were more prestigious when they were a true rival to KTM, they were often more expensive than KTM and had more expensive parts as well. It's like comparing a Ford (KTM) to Mercedes (Husqvarna).

The only thing I don't agree with is putting other manufacturers down like you calling Japanese motorbikes "rice burners" which is ignorant and slightly racist to make you're own thing look better.

I often find the Japanese vehicles to be so good people like to deride them for no reason. For instance they don't use rocker arm bearings which makes sense to me.
  20. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husqvarna the "premium" brand when it was Itailian? you don't see Mercedes sitting on the showroom for 3-4 years and finally selling for half the retail...
    DTX915 likes this.