1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Why is it ????

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskydude59, Jul 7, 2011.

1. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You look over the current offerings in 2st bikes and you gotta wonder why it is that husqvarna have resisted the temptation of doing battle with the likes of KTM and Husaberg. Even, Gas Gas are on top of R&D, admittedly you are paying a lot more, but then you take a look at Honda, there bikes are basically farm bike's now in comparison, and they "GOOD DEALS offered" in Oz are $14,000 and for that you get shiny new grafix...Woo whoo.. And a 3mths parts only warranty.. Yamaha are the same, they seemed to have lost the plot a bit i think..
    If 2st' are on the come back.. i hope that husqvarna start doing there sums because i would still pay more for a husky than any other model. This is because they basic formula for a bike is sound. 2st only i mean... Not too keen on the new 4st on offer at the moment. Then again I wasn't a fan of the BMW any way.. You take KTM, they do attempt to keep up with model changes. and offer pretty good spare's. I see great improvements possible in the 2st engine.
    I just hope that BMW's wisdom is sound and that the Husky 2st does not dissolve into the land scape like the jap 2st's did. I hope they take the lead of Husaberg and jump right in on the R&D and produce a bike that meets the mark for customers... if you guys and gals are like me, you wont mind paying more for more bike... There is still nothing more stunning to look at than a Husky, they seem to always stand tall in the crowd....
  2. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    the Husabergs are leftover KTM's... an option I suppose. With KTM's 2t sales numbers, I would think that BMW has to see that and want to get their share of the market. But, 2012 2t bikes are slim pickens... hopefully they are working on more than just street bikes.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes I'm waiting for them to come out with a 200 on the 150 frame.
    typeone likes this.
  4. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Somehere on here someone linked to some promotional videos. There was one where the factory riders were all saying "I will do whatever it takes to win" They have bikes to allow them to enter a bunch of classes and will do whatever it takes to win in a bunch of classes. That may well mean using different forks shocks carburetors and who knows what else. Chances are in the 250/300 two stroke vs ktm they can do things to the power valve governor to get the desired effect and offering preload on one spring and the ability to switch out the other like ktm offers the customer just isn't in the cards. I thought 2004 was going to be the last of the 250 based Husky. Ending with 2002 offering a semi close ratio six speed in the "360" and two five speed possibilites in the 250 wr and cr.

So there is your why. It is their intrest is to get trophies in lots of classes for advertising purposes.
  5. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Seems every "big" European dirtbike manufacturer is designing & building 2T's. Surely BMW recognizes this.
  6. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300
    Exactly, The're just 2010 KTM's with yellow frames and blue plastic. But they do cost $200 less.
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky NEEDS to update the WR 2Ts. The new KTMs are nice and the 2012 Gas Gas is a brand new bike.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Scott,

I thought I read where you said there was a rumour that the upgrading or the 250/300 wr's was going to happen in '13. Is that still in the cards or will they postpone it further? Thanks for your input.
  9. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Husberg TE300 are actually a better bike ridewise than the KTM300 as weird as it sounds.

I wouldn't be surprised that BMW-Husqvarna marriage won't update the 2t range until the BMW part see's sales worldwide of the Husky 2t increase to the point that warrant's a major upgrade....or are they waiting on DI before a major rework?