1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Why?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by hogwackr, May 9, 2012.

1. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    Why do I love my WR 300 so much? It has far more power than I can possibly use and eats rear tires like candy. Whats my addiction?
  2. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I too am a WR 3honey addict. I so badly want to buy more of them to keep one for each day of the week. I don't know if it's the beauty, the power, the handling or the sheer sexiness that is addicting. Regardless, it is the most awesomelyepicgnarlyradicallysweet fun I've had on two wheels ever.
    hogwackr likes this.
  3. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    That's my problem......I wan't more of them.......One is not enough......I think thats why I'm single again....:cheers:
    shawbagga, Harbinger and Gotlabs like this.
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I would be single if I bought another bike. Well, if I spent my wife's money on another bike anyway. :D I have to wait until the end of the year to buy another one, we have come to an agreement that one bike per year is enough. :banana:
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Power. Its fun.
  6. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    It handles like like crazy, has great power, is reliable and in my opinion...is part of the best looking fleet of bikes made
    Gotlabs likes this.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have to agree about the power. My very first real enduro bike was a 1975 Bultaco Frontera 360, a bike that I bought new and simply adored. When I was first looking to get a 300 back in 2004, I wanted a KTM, but the salesman at the dealership didn't have a 300 on the floor. I already had a KDX220, so a step up to a 300 seemed like a logical choice. I asked if they could get me a 300 and the salesman said that they couldn't and besides, the 300 would be more difficult to start and ride for me, and that it really had more power than I would need. He steered me into the 250 that they had there instead.

It could be logically argued that I don't need any more power than what a CRF150F put out for trail riding, but "need" and "want" are two different things. I never really liked my KTM EXC250 all that much. It had good power for a 250 enduro, and it handled well for a 250 enduro. But in the end, I sold the KTM 250 (and still have my 220 KDX)....and I still wanted a 300.

I also got to ride a few KTM 300s over the next few years, and I didn't find them remarkably different from the 250 models....but then came that fateful day when I got that chance to go to press day and ride all the wonderful Husqvarnas that the company had to offer. When I rode THAT 300, I knew that it was the bike for me.:thumbsup:
    Harbinger and Gotlabs like this.
  8. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    After purchasing my 11 300, I sold my 08 Kawi KLX450 for fear if I kept it I would not ride my new bike. Now that I have the Husky dialed in for me, that would not have been a problem. I do however miss my picklesicle no that it is green sticker season.
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    And I miss my WR300 now that it's green sticker season.:cry:
    wait4me likes this.
  10. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!

Wow, telling your age.:D

My daughter want's me to move to CA since the riding there is so much "better", but that sticker ordeal is a deal breaker. Well, unless the Suck decides I need to go anyway.:rolleyes:
  11. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Excuse my ignorance - what is green sticker about, I guess some kind of environmental certification?
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes. It has to do with exhaust emissions. The California Air Resources Board requires that all offroad motorcycles manufactured after 2002 pass an emissions standard, then the manufacturer puts the emissions tag on that model of bike. No motorcycle, two or four stroke that has been manufactured for "offroad closed course circuit racing" gets to have that tag. Their VIN number has certain letters and numbers that identify them as a red sticker machine in the California DMV computer system. These machines can't be operated in certain public riding areas at all, but most areas at least part of the year, and a few areas all year round....just not in my area. Here, in Southern California the season runs October 1st to April 30th, just east in the desert, a couple of areas run out till the end of May. I can take my red sticker bike 260 miles to the north and ride it all summer long on the Kern Plateau in Sequoia National Forest.
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If you have an older then 2002 bike can you still ride it everywhere all year long?
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes. I have two old KDX200s, 1986 models. One is plated so it can go anywhere it pleases, the other one has a green sticker so it can venture onto any legal public riding land, any time. They actually started the program earlier than 2003, but had so many problems with getting the various models sorted out that they grandfathered everything in before 2003. If I had known that was going to happen, I would have bought a KDX220 in October of 2000, but instead I bought a KLX 300 which was a machine that I very much did not like or want to buy. My 2003 KDX220 is of course, just like the 1997 to 2002 models, except that my year model couldn't have a green sticker. Some people were buying older frames for their bikes so they could get a green sticker for them.
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I would definitely own an older bike if I was there. On general principal I'd mix my fuel @ 25:1 and jet it rich so it would resemble a mosquito spray rig. There's something about stupid rules that makes me want to rebel.
    Fema, shawbagga, windsurf and 5 others like this.
  16. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    If you really want to know how stupid Cali is, while looking up red/green sticker dates and areas, I found a law that states now that red sticker season is over in some places (tracks, races and some areas are year round) I am suppose to get a "transport permit" from DMV to EVEN HAVE THE BIKE IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK!! So far I haven't heard of anybody getting that ticket, but it is stupid. I tried to find out what the fine is for getting caught riding out of season, but no luck. Never catch me alive copper!
  17. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That must be a new one. I know there was a law that said you had to have a transport permit if you didn't have your non street legal bike registered for public off road land use. Some of my road race friends didn't like that. They certainly weren't going to get a sticker for their track bikes to ride them on public trails! And none of them ever bothered to get a transport permit either.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Washington just eased up and passed a law so we can plate almost anything. Neeener neener :D My GG250 will be a street bike shortly.
    marcmo0 likes this.
  19. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"

Oh yeh, well you are just gunna wear your tires out twice as fast, so there :doh:
    Gotlabs, Motosportz and Dirtdame like this.
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    On the other end of the spectrum; In Missouri if it's 50cc or less you don't need anything including a tag. Lost your license? Can't get a license for medical reasons? No problem, hop on a 50cc pit bike and head to work or the bar or where ever... No helmet required on a 50 either. I've seen many a 6'4" grown man heading down the highway or riding around town on a 50. lol