1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Will 4-stroke rearwheel fit WR 300?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, i maybe just got over a set of Talon wheels with Excel rims, but the rearwheel is said to be for the TC/TE models. Question is: Do they fit on my WR 300 2010? There is a different part number in the catalogue. What´´s the difference? Grateful for help here!

Regards Johnny
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is about a 3mm offset that has been molded to the hubs for the newer four strokes. If you look at the inside area of your sprocket on your hub and see what looks like a 3mm spacer molded to your hub, that is what the 2008 and up four stroke wheels have. I am not positive on this but was told this was done to accept the new frame bikes. I think the WR 250/300's still use the hub without this spacer. Again I am not exactly sure what year this started but pretty sure 2008 four strokes and 2009 WR 125's are like this. See if your WR 300 wheel has this spacer.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok! Great! I will check with the dealer tomorrow as i havn´t got my bike yet! If it is like you say i would need to use a 3mm spacer between the hub and the sprocket to align everything and it would fit? The drivetrain is on the other side on the WR 300. Does this matter?

Johnny
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You do not need the spacer type wheel is what I am thinking. If your dealer has a four stroke bike there as well as your bike take a look at the sprocket side on the four stroke. The new four strokes have the sprocket spaced out further than the WR 250/300 (at least they did in 2007). Here is a couple of pictures. Sorry they are so blurry.

[IMG][/IMG]
    This is of a 2010 TXC 250 and that little ridge in between the sprocket was not on my 2007 WR 250.

[IMG][/IMG]

This bad picture is of a 2002 Husky two stroke wheel. There is no 3mm spacer on this wheel. I do not know for sure but would bet that the WR 300 has no spacer shim.
  5. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

That´s what i call service! Thank you very much for taking the pics! I will check with my dealer tomorrow! In other words i could use the 4-stroke wheel if it is from 2007 and back? Am i right? The part number of the rear hub is TW659V-G/BL and it could be for the 2007 model, I´m not sure. It says it´s for 4-stroke from 2004 and upwards in my catalogue. Confusing.

Regards Johnny.
  6. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, I think so. I would hate to say definitely and be wrong. Even though we are a good distance apart.
  7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

The part number of the rear hub is TW659V-G/BL . It says it´s for 4-stroke from 2004 and upwards in my catalogue. Confusing.

Regards Johnny.
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am 90% sure (not 100%) that a 2T hub will not work on a 4T.
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I talked to the dealer here in sweden, and he said that the sprocket is 5mm further out on the 4-stroke then the 2-stroke. The question is if it´s possible to machine the hub or if i weaken it too much? i have a set of talon hubs i can buy, but they are for the 4-stroke. So i would need to know how thick the talon hub is on the sprockets surface. Does anyone know where to buy a set of talon wheels for my bike to a good price? In sweden you have to pay about 1400 dollars=(. maybe that´s my only alternative..

Johnny.