1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc wireing my 2010 wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 2wheelsonly, Sep 19, 2011.

1. 2wheelsonly Husqvarna
    C Class

Just about finished when I realised the connects on speedo cable don't match the wireing harnes. Anyone else have this problem,or know what went wrong.
  2. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I seem to remember I had the same problem with my '09. I think I posted a picture here during the summer of '09. I ended up replacing the factory computer with a Vector. However, I can't remember if the speed cable plugged straight into the Vector or if I ordered a different cable from Hall's.
  3. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I have the same thing on my 09 250. The speedo cable plugs right in to my Vector from another bike, but don't know where to plug it at the OEM computer. I am watching to see if anyone posts a good solution. Otherwise, I'll probably just get another Vector.
  4. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    Found the thread and here is the pic of the speedo sensor wire I got, which isn't what I'm using now. The white plug went to the factory computer, which I'm also not using. I either went to my selling dealer for the correct wire or I ordered one from Halls.
    [IMG]
  5. 2wheelsonly Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks for the feedback. I called my dealer with the problem , and they're supposed to handle it. I thought maybe A speedo from A 2011 might work. I want to purchase A vector in the future but it's not in the budget right now. Does the vector plug in to the OEM harness or does it come it's own?
  6. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    Trailtech gives you a wire for power. One end plugs directly into their computer and the other end you make up your own connection as it's just bare wire as you see in this PDF. You can technically run the computer just off its internal watch battery like you would if adding a computer to a bicycle. I powered mine from the bike and still have the original battery in the Vector, more than 2 years later.

Edit: After some thought, I am pretty sure that I used the speed sensor wire that TrailTech provided in this kit.
  7. 2wheelsonly Husqvarna
    C Class

I just clipped the end off the harness and added two female bullet connectors. I plugged them in, and now we're good to go!
  8. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Where did you plug them in? At the harness?
  9. 2wheelsonly Husqvarna
    C Class

I plugged the two bullet male ends from the speed sensor into the new female ends on the harness.