1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Wiring up headlight and tail light.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Eaglefreek, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I decided to install my head light on my 11 WR300. I got it in an open box with no instructions. After searching here and finding out the stock computer is about worthless, I decided to just wire in the light. I attached the power for the light to the unused yellow wire under the tank. I did use that pigtail inline that has a resistor or something in it. Is that all I needed to do? It seems to work just fine. I may decide to hook up the tail light but it doesn't appear to be the right one. The directions for mounting the tail light don't look anything like the tail light that I have. I have a harness with 2 bulbs and a sealed tail light with a connector that i don't have a corresponding connector for. It looks like I can just drill a couple holes in the fender and mount this tail light. Is it supposed to mounted to an inner fender or something?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yep looks like the inner fender type like the 250/310s use. damn expensive to buy that light by itself, over $200 in OZ if i remember correctly!!!
  3. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Ok, after a doing some searching of the net, I figured out how the whole dirt bike stator thing works, so I have all the wiring stuff figured out. Is this the tail light I should have received in this pic below? If so, it seems about worthless since it's so high and with the angle of the fender or am I looking at it wrong.
    [IMG]
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    That pic is incorrect on the models I have seen, the light is useally just below the fender and has a plate attachment.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    pretty old pic judging by the model(07/08?). google Aussie version of wr250/300 or te250/310 and youll see what youve got. that pictured light looks shite & useless!
  6. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I think the Australian and US models are different.

My 2012 WR 300 came with the exact taillight that is pictured there (the mount-on-top one). I needed to also have a license plate mount, so I went with an aftermarket undertail light (Acerbis LED):

[IMG]

Maybe your taillight is the (better) Australian model one? I wonder if you're missing the light/plate bracket.
  7. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    There wasn't any light/plate bracket in the box. I don't have a problem installing the light I got, but if it's expensive to replace it, I don't want to put it on since I've already looped my bike a few times and it would destroy that taillight. I'l look into some cheap import options if I go that route and maybe sell the one I got in the box. It is nice looking though. :D
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    my 2010 300 came with a big bulky tail light/plate extender. took it straight off. snapped rear guard(yeh from a small loop out!) so bought a 2011 style rear guard that has a moulded plate extender all combined. nice neat unit that doesnt get hit by the tyre when bottoming out with pre drilled holes etc for tail light(your pictured light) that fits in snug. paid $50 for fender, enquired about tail light, was over $200!!! needless to say i only run my plate & no light. 11s have different ignition & wiring also. you must have got the wrong one-ebay it or buy the fender im talking about & mount it up, theyre good. neater than drilling & bolting one underneath your existing fender. its polisport brand. look on 2T pictures thread, there will be 1 on there surely. i would have thought your 250/310s would come standard with these types? theres a plate extender/light attachment that slides over the plate holder part im talking about(youd take it straight off once you got ya bike home-ridiculously huge!). wish i could post photos & show ya mine. google husky australia, plenty of photos on there!
  9. Sledracer500250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 CB750C, 1980 CM400T, 08 CRF150R
    You have the right light but the 2011 models sold in Canada and usa don't come with all the parts to install it correctly. I gave up mounting mine and just put the head light in. I added a switch So I can turn the light off and made a small harness to run the high and low beams at the same time. It might shorten the bulb life but gives a lot more light when I need it.
  10. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    The connector on the tail light I received doesn't match anything else on the wring harness I have. There is a harness in the box, that has 2 bulbs attached that would go to the tail light that mounts on top of the fender. There were instructions with a template for tail light installation in the box of stuff I got from the dealer and it was for the one that mounts on top of the fender. Maybe it's a good thing that Mr. Pierer bought Husky. :D
  11. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Went riding yesterday and today. Unfortunately, we didn't do a night ride, so I didn't get to test it out. However, it would take several kicks to start. My bike, even with the TMXX, always started on the first kick when warm and usually first or second when cold. This morning, I put in another plug, all I had was a good used one, and it wouldn't start at all. I reinstalled the plug I had in there, unplugged the light and it started on the second kick. All day today, it started on the first kick like always. Could the light take that much power away from the plug to make it tough to start? I may have to install a switch.
  12. Sledracer500250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 CB750C, 1980 CM400T, 08 CRF150R
    Mine starts much better since I put the switch on the light. I had thought it might help and it did.
  13. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I installed a basic 3 position marine grade toggle switch. It was only like $12.
    [IMG]
  14. 2strokerider Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    xc150
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    that pic with that light on top of the fender, where did you find that picture??
    my xc150 (2011) came with that light to go on top, but i cant see how to mount on there!!!?
  15. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Google
  16. 2strokerider Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    xc150
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
  17. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
  18. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Found it.

Attached Files:

19. 2strokerider Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    xc150
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    thanks so much for the help! finally someone has there instructions hahaha!thanks
  20. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    No problem. It was actually crumbled up in the box of parts I got from the dealer with the bike. I realized I didn't have that style of tail light and crumbled it up to throw away, but for some reason I threw it in the box instead of the garbage.