1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wiring Up the Lighting on a 09 WR 250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by incorrigible, Jan 5, 2012.

1. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

My WR came new with a headlight, but no wiring for the lighting system. I see a regulator and a yellow wire, but no specific plug in to the output lead.

Does Husky have a wiring loom with plugs available and where does it plug into the bike?
  2. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
  3. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    I just wired up mine last week.
    Here in OZ we can get recreational registration and for that you need:
    working headlight
    tail/brake light
    horn
    mirror.

Mine is a US import so probably the same as yours, but had a genuine headlight fitted.
    I bought one of these:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/38039282...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1276wt_808
    This covers switching for the headlight and I used the kill switch part for the horn.
    I also got an Ascerbis tailight/plate holder (LED)

To get power, I spliced into the yellow wire off the voltage reg, and the switch unit is colour coded, so all you have to do is wire it up.
    I also needed a brake light switch to run off the rear master cylinder to work the stop lights.
    All in all, it took about 2 hours to wire up and works perfectly.

Another option I looked at was getting a euro spec wiring loom for about $120 from halls, but this works out simpler and a lot cheaper.
  4. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the replies. Mine came with the Husky headlight, but no loom whatsoever from the regulator. I'll make my own loom and I do have a handlebar mounted switch from Rocky Mtn ATV that will permit turning it on and off.
  5. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the links Harbinger

I hope you are better looking than your avatar. Incorrigible
  6. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    My avatar is just for fun, it is a picture of a Norwegian actress ready for the scene.

Karius and Bactus (ISBN 0961539410) is a Norwegian children's novel written and illustrated by Thorbjørn Egner. The book was first published in 1949 and produced as a 15 minute puppet animation film by Ivo Caprino in 1954. An English translation by Mike Sevig and Turi Olderheim was published in the United States in 1986.
    The main characters are Karius (black haired) and Bactus (red haired). Their names are puns on Caries and Bacteria, and they are two small "tooth trolls" that live inside cavities in the teeth of a boy named Jens. They have a very good life, especially when Jens eats white bread with syrup and fails to brush his teeth afterwards. Eventually their homes are destroyed by the work of a dentist and they are rinsed out of Jens' mouth through proper dental care.
    The story of Karius and Bactus, with its humorous illustrations and important message, has become a classic of Norwegian children's literature. Since its publication, the idea of "tooth trolls" has been used as a pedagogical device for generations of Scandinavian children.
  7. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

Yes. Thanks for the detailed description.

Much of my family lives in Sverige BTW. I was in Oslo airport myself in August for an hour or so.

I lived in Wisconsin for many years, north of Chicago, and the Norwegian heritage of many people in that state are still remembered. They even still say Uff Da .
    Harbinger likes this.
  8. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    That is so typically Norwegian, uff da means oh then or oh shit. It is something you say when you know that you have fucked up.
  9. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

Yup. Thats what Uff Da means in Wisconsin too.
    Harbinger likes this.
  10. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    Can you tell me where in Norway your family comes from.
  11. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

Sorry, my mother's family is from Sweden and I also have a brother and sister who live there. Love visiting there.
  12. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    my mom is from Oslo, she grew up and I got to live a year in thier flat which was a few blocks away from Frogna park(I think its a new name now?)
    Whenever she stubs her toes or messes up she says "fond da helivta" I have never heard her say uff da but have heard lots of other Norwegian goodies. I know a couple other phrases but have no clue how to properly spell it or what they mean. lol
  13. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    Norwegian and Swedish is almost the same language, we understand each other wery well when we speak to each others. We also understand Danish language. Norwegian language has developed from Danish, in the past all Norwegians spoke Danish.