1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Wobbly front rim

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Brian Scott, May 24, 2016.

1. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    The front oem excel rim on my '11 wr300 has a nasty side-to-side wobble to it in one location; about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Can this be fixed? If so, who can do this work? I'm in the Seattle area. I called my local bike shop and they said they couldn't do it. Maybe time for a new rim and use the wobbly one as a backup?

Thanks
  2. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    I'm far from an expert but I've had luck tightening the spoke opposite the wobble and slightly loosening the side with the wobble to get it true again.You may have to loosen/tighten 4,5 or more spokes on each side depending on how bad it is.
    Don't rush,take your time.
    lankydoug and NCSteve like this.
  3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    You can true a wheel. Pretty straight forward if its not too bad and it doesn't sound like yours is. Like Idacurt said. Start at by figuring out the center of the bulge. loosen the spoke that pulls on that side and tighten the spoke that pulls to the opposite side. You will need to do this for more than just one spoke. Again, maybe 4-5 on each side, both forward and aft of the wobble. loosen and tighten. And more tension towards the main area. That will get you started. You can make a makeshift guide by using a long zip tie on your forks and lining it up with the wheel. trim it off right where the bulge or wobble peaks off. Use that as a guide to keeping it straight. That may not make a ton of sense, so feel free to PM me or ask question.
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Anybody with a truing stand should be able to help. If the rim is dented then it will keep wobbling no matter what. I got a nearly new rim and spokes for $100 from another member here. My hub is fine, so at some point swap the rim and spokes and get it trued...or buy a cheap truing stand. :cheers:
  5. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
  6. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    That looks easy enough. I'll give it shot fellas. Thanks for the tip and video link. I like the zip tie idea.
  7. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    I've had good results using Pro Wheel in Granite Falls, but that may be a bit far for you.
    Brian Scott likes this.