Works TC250 in USA

Discussion in 'Racing' started by MOTORHEAD, May 15, 2011.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  2. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are these the same TCs that were lapped by Roczen and Herlings?[IMG]
  3. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

id still take one
  4. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i think roczen is one rider they should be trying to sign
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, but they also lapped a lot of other bikes, too.
  6. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

Check out the cylinder head, totally different than production 250. Must be new for 2012?
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    glad you guys got real fotos mine were all from my crappy phone.
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, that's supposed to be the 2012 head and may also be offered as a "Special Parts" kit for the current bikes.
  9. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

My son really needs that bike for Lorrettas this year....
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I find the sensor in the exhaust fascinating..
  11. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Wow, that looks completely different. Somebody take the lid off so we can see what's inside. :)
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Why's that?
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Cause the bikes are normally powered up without any sensors... Which implies that Mikuni, or someone with access to the Mikuni development tools (which is uber tough to get) is customizing the ecu programming. Or possibly they may be using non-Mikuni?

dunno. That is just my first impression.
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Which means they are doing it the smart way, to me. [IMG]
    Coffee likes this.
  15. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    That EFI reminds me of the unit on the KTM 350.

[IMG]
  16. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, which is very good, because it means they are getting away from the Mikuni junk. Keihin EFI seems to be working far better.
  17. F1ED Husqvarna
    AA Class

Clipped this from MXA. Martino Bianchi has some interesting things to say:

MXA INTERVIEW: MARTINO BIANCHI
    Sport Activity Coordinator of Husqvarna

MXA: Can you tell us about the race team this year and how it has progressed?

Martino: This year is an important step ahead for us. We decided to jump into MX2. In the last three years, we were in MX3 in the European championship. This year we decided it was time to go forward and take a big step. So, we hired Ricci Team, who was the Yamaha factory team for 15 years. For us, this year is just the first year and gaining experience. Our target is 10 to 15th place. We hired Lupino, who placed about 14 in the championship last year. We hired American Michael Leib. Unfortunately, he had a big concussion in the Italian championship. He is still out of the season, but he was really fast. The bike is improving and we're working a lot on the bike. We are transferring the know-how from the factory bike to the production bike. The 2012 production TC250 will have the same cylinder head that we are running. We make about 5 horsepower more than the production bike, so that's good. We understand from the riders that the bike is very good to ride. The weight is really good. We know that we have to improve in terms of power. This is something that we are working on. This is a 3 to 5 years program with MX2. This is the first step, next year we would like to be a little more aggressive in terms of results, and then see how it's going after that.

MXA: How is it going so far this year?

This is the third race of the season. We had the best results in Bulgaria where Lupino was 11th. Michael didn't show up. We had a lot of expectation on Michael because in practice and in racing he was faster than Lupino and also really motivated. But we're unlucky. At Glen Helen, Lupino finished 14th and 15th. Not so bad, but it could be much better. The top 10 guys are really fast, but 12th or 13th, we can achieve that result. Step-by-step.

The factory bikes look really good. We are happy how the team did the bikes with a lot of carbon fiber, a lot of nice adjustments. I think people really like these kinds of bikes. They look really factory. In terms of chassis, frame and suspension we are really happy. We have a good relationship with Kayaba. They're giving us factory support. Next year's product will be complete with Kayaba suspension front and rear, no more Sachs, so so that's a big step ahead. We have two guys from the company who are following the racing team day by day. We have a test team in the company that is working on the bike day by day who is transferring knowledge to the racing team. Let's hope that Leib is coming back soon. We hope to have him back for France, so we have a complete team set up so we have more results from them.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MOTOCROSS-ACTIONS-MIDWEEK-REPORT-7903.aspx
    jmetteer likes this.
  18. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

sounds like they are putting a good effort into the racing stuff so far
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    the power thing was mentioned in the open, I like that. imagine that, a different head for 5hp, bitchen!! We in the moto world are still not in the F1 Hp per displacement realm, so there is alot of room for improvement, but do we want spin em at 18000 rpm +,,,maybe the mx guys would like that!!
    PS on the new head it appears they elimininated the chain to the gear to the cams and looks like a more standard cam chain to the top, no? (less mass)
  20. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    good,just what We need,We'll have one coming a.s.a.p. I wish I had an extra engine for My 2010 too and
    start more intensive modification to the motor,