Would you buy one

Discussion in '610/630' started by ozte630, Oct 14, 2023.

1. ozte630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    zx9r
    I have come across a te630 with all the desirable extras and about 12000kms on the clock.The bike looks very neat in the pics but i am worried about availability of parts.So my question is, should i buy it?
  2. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    I think it also depends on where you live.
    I live in Italy and I utilize my SM610 at tracks only and pretty seldom, therefore I don't need spare parts often, but the last time I bought some genuine parts, years ago, the seller, who used to be an official Husky dealer when they were made in Italy, told me that it was already becoming harder and harder to get them.
    I have already discouraged someone to buy an Italian Husky for that reason here and someone else told me that actually parts are still easily available.
    To be honest with you, I would never buy a motorcycle from a company which has gone under.
    I wish they didn't fail, I wish people were still buying those bikes and I wish we were posting 50 messages per day in this section of the forum, like years ago, but unfortunately that's not the case.
  3. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    610 is different than 630,that shares most engine parts with swm650,or ajp pr7 that uses swm engine. Depends also from need and person. Several bikes-if parts are ordered is no problem. Only bike-parts from local store NOW please. etc. injection is different,but rare to need anything except fuel pump that is plentifully available.
  4. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    After i had my engine rebuilt after the crank bearing let go, i only got a couple of short rides out before a phase on the stator fried & i managed to limp it back to the bike mechanic shop with 8.5v left in the battery on arrival.
    This was right at the start of COVID restrictions.
    My Husky spent just over a YEAR at the shop NOT getting fixed, the mechanic was saying he could not get replacemant parts.
    Also, about a year before all this, the bolts fell out the long part of the exhaust heat shield & it flapped then broke off & became part of the Scottish Borders scenery, I have not been able to get a replavcement :banghead:
    I had to order radiator air scoop a few years ago & had to wait months as i was told they were on back order.
    I have never even seen another Husqvarna 610 than the one i own the whole time i have owned motorbikes they are so rare here.
    If it breaks down again it could be the last time.