WOW Tamburini Retires

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by BlipBlip!, Dec 3, 2008.

1. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Man Behind The Ducati 916 Superbike, the MV Agusta F4 and most recently the Husqvarna designs is retiring from MV Agusta which was purchased by Harley Davidson earlier this year.

The following is from MV Agusta...

MV Agusta today announced that Design Chief Massimo Tamburini will retire from the company, effective Dec. 31, 2008. Tamburini has been with Cagiva since early 1985 and has headed up MV Agusta’s engineering and design center, Centro Ricerche Cagiva, in San Marino for over 13 years, where he and the staff designed what are widely regarded as world-class, premium, high-performance sport motorcycles, including the legendary F4.

“I have dedicated a significant part of my career in motorcycle design to Cagiva and MV Agusta and am immensely proud of the beautiful and thrilling motorcycles we have created,” said Tamburini.

“While my decision to retire was extremely difficult to make, I am confident the highly-talented designers and engineers in San Marino will continue the tradition of excellence that is the hallmark of MV Agusta. I have been privileged to realize so many dreams during my years with Cagiva and MV Agusta and look forward to seeing more great things yet to come from the company,” Tamburini said.

Tamburini plans to pursue design interests outside the motorcycle field and to spend more time on his other outside interests.

“Massimo Tamburini is one of the legends of the motorcycle industry and leaves a great legacy at MV Agusta,” said Claudio Castiglioni, MV Agusta Chairman and Director of Motorcycle Research and Development. “The capabilities he built at MV Agusta’s design center are outstanding and his legacy and vision will now be carried forward by the team he assembled and mentored over many years. While we will miss his presence, we respect his decision to retire and wish him all the best for the future,” Castiglioni said.

MV Agusta is a wholly-owned subsidiary of U.S.-based Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG). MV Agusta produces premium, high-performance sport motorcycles sold under the MV Agusta® brand and lightweight sport motorcycles sold under the Cagiva® brand.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I just read it at cyclenews.com. I guess he doesn't want to work with Willie G. in the Styling Department!:D
  3. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Well I cant say I blame him......

imagine the look on tamburini's face when they show him the leather tassles....and the springer front ends....

the cagiva v593 500gp bike was a masterpiece...as were most of his designs....

troy
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250

[IMG]
  5. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had a fantasy of racing a big dirt bike designed by Tamburini, built in Milwaukee.

He should hook up with Husky and build me a bike. :)

Big loss for MV
  6. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

My guess he's going to either BMW/Husqvarna or Ducati.

JustSaying
  7. Stapleking Husqvarna
    A Class

Nope. I believe he's outta' the bike biz...the last few years with Castigioni have been hard on him.
  8. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    I agree with you . . . in all seriousness. Wouldn't want it on my resume if I were him.
  9. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    don't forget the rolling art of BIMOTA (Bianchi, Morri and Tamburini)
  11. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    yes of course...lots of different models...DB models etc...they used many different engines...suzuki..yamaha..kawasaki....and of course ducati..

my fave was the bimota SB8R in 2000 that Anthony Gobert rode to a surprise victory....
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  13. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class