1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR 125-'13 suspension

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by retromlc, Jul 26, 2013.

1. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    Hi I weigh about 198lb fully loaded and I am finding that both front and rear suspension is bottoming out,are there rear springs available to fit both ends?what have you done if experiencing the same problem
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Ive not the same problem as you but what you describe is solved with stiffer springs front and back (race tech website is a good place to start looking)

http://www.racetech.com/

if you experience quite some vibrations on high speed small bumps (my problem) its a oil or valve problem

Robert-Jan
  3. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    There is not a lot of information to go on in your post, but here are some recommendations:

-Racetech is a good company, but beware their spring rate recommendations; many find them to be too stiff on the front end.

-See this thread for a bunch of great information about setting up spring rates and preload: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/suspension-setup-recommendations.17268/

-Bottoming is not simply controlled by springs. Springs are part of the equation, but so is valving, and oil height/air chamber. You may need to adjust all of these things.

-Where you ride and how you ride are huge factors in suspension setup. The setup for rocky enduro is very different from the setup for sandy MX.
    PineapplePicker likes this.
  4. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    thanks for the replies,I was first running in bike on some fairly even trails (no big hits) and the front was fine but the back had a cable tie around the shock rod and was using all travel.I increased rear preload to leave about 7 threads under collar and this helped and left about 1 cm travel on same section but when pushing harder and was using about 2/3 front travel.
    Went to race in sand with some whoops in and was hitting the front face of some when landing and taking a few high speed drop off into a soft sand bed,then riding up the oppersite face at speed (not totally rapid speed) and this again used all rear travel and the front tyre was leaving marks on the underside of the front mudguard.