1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR 125 - Casting hole on left crankcase just below barrell.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Down Under XC, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi Walt / CH members,

A couple of queries:

1. Was wondering why a casting hole on left crankcase has been left open following casting. I have filled with epoxy and a set screw (see pic below) to keep moisture and dirt out, it is probably a dead hole anyway. Has run like this for 2 years now. Any comments.

2. On disassembly of powervalve assembly the rubber sealing flange (see 2nd pic)was not seated and allowed moisture and some dirt into powervalve linkage area, on reassembly is it advisable to smear a little silicone / RTV around the rubber flange to ensure a positive seal for the future.

Thanks for your responses.
    XC Downunder

Husky 125 ~ 150 casting hole withset screw epoxied in to seal.JPG rubber sealing cover as part of power valve cover.JPG
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

That casting issue is interesting, but is left open on all the 125's that I have seen. I assume it is there for some manufacturing purpose. The rubber seal tends to leak and will relieve pressure if your PV shaft seal leaks at all. I use some heavy grease on mine to keep the worst of the crud out.
  3. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi Walter,

Thanks for that. Interesting the casting hole. Its the no fuzz approach I quite admire with Husky, whereas with KTM you would not get but it would be refelected in the price. When I read your response on the seal "heavy grease", I thought "yes agreed" and then reread my query and I swear I had put heavy grease there as an option but no I hadn't. So we are thinking the same thing, thanks for that.

Now I also would like the 200 sx pipe as well, as kelly says you arrange this. is the seal against the standard OEM muffler as good as the OEM join ??

I must say I am getting a bit confused now that you do some parts, Kelly does some but not OEM stuff as Mike now does this. But think I am nearly there!!!

On both the 144 OEM kit and 165 kit.

Just on rebuilds and reringing the bike, what is your experience. Most of the work we do is pretty light no enduro's or steep terrain. Is 100hrs a reasonable expectation for a piston rebuild with a re ring at say 50hrs, or do you monitor with a compression gauge. On reringing do you preorder the complete Athena gasket set or just a base and two head orings. I can't seem to even remember damaging the powervalve covers. ???? Funny the costs, OEM rings (for the 144) are just $15 but gaskets are $55. The Athena kit comes with two base gaskets (differing thickness), will you recommend one ???

Without the internet and guys like you we would be in a much poorer and way worse off place. I have also been a contributing member on the Nissan Patrol GU Forum and also the Landcruiser Forum which have helped significant numbers of 4WD owners out over time.

thanking you,

Mark
    sabortooth likes this.