1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr 125 idling

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by smalldubster, Oct 7, 2010.

1. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

hey!
    recently i noticed that my wr 07 125 is idling up. if you know the sound when the carb is going empty, like running out of fuel? the rpm is just going up and up. same sound when choke is on.

why is this sound here? i have plenty of gaz, choke is off.

also, somthing in uphills the egnine is breaking on the gears -.- the woooooooooo sound. not normal eh? main jet is 400.:notworthy:
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Might be the cold weather making the bike run lean like it is runnign out of gas.

Try turning the airscrew in 1/2 turn and see if it helps.

Beyond that, you may have an intake air leak.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have a bike that always has problems with the pilot jet getting plugged up. There is no air screw on this particular carb, so when I hear the engine start to idle up, I have to pull the pilot jet and clear it out. Not sure why this happens to this one bike. I always run good premix, the same as what goes into my other two stroke bikes, and I run an inline fuel filter too. Plus, I drain the carbs on all my bikes right after every ride so that none of them sit with fuel in the float bowl. It doesn't seem to take much to plug the jet though. Once I blow a little air through it, it settles down for quite a while (and by "quite a while" I mean several months.):excuseme:
  4. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

as far as i remmember, the idling startet after i rode over an mountain. so i dont know if somthing happend with the carb settings or whatever :P

im cleaning the air filter now, i heard that driving with an dirty air filter when rainy outside, is the same as choke on .
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I am with everyone else:

1.) Pilot Jet Plugged Or Carb Needs Cleaned.

2.) Temperature Drop/Need to Adjust Air Screw.

3.) Need Larger Pilot/Re Adjust Air Screw.

4.) Air Leak In Gaskets Or Intake Boot.

5.) If using Castor Oil type mix, could have gotten colder out and oil seperated from gas, if the bike sat for a while.

6.) Check your throttle cable to make sure it's not fraying and letting your slide not bottom or drag.
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes no 6!

First make sure when you let go of the throttle it closes with a nice "clack" sound. If not, the cable may be too tight or frayed or stuck.