1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr 125 piston brand

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zanol, Dec 8, 2009.

1. zanol Husqvarna
    B Class

I have a 2000 wr with new bore but I don´t know the brand because I bought the moto before this ribuilt.
    Now I want to change the piston because it has 25 fuel tanks but I need to know if the brand of the bore is relevant to the best performance.
    Thanks
  2. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
    I've tried all sorts of brands of piston, Mahle, Wiseco, Wassner... It doesn't really matter, unless you are going from a single to a double ring, or vice versa. To me, it's never made a difference. I'd save money and get the least expensive one you can find. With good oil, and consistently fresh air filters (dirt is your engines worst enemy) your bike will run for years and years and not need anything. I had a '96 WXC 125 that had more than 10,000 miles on it before it got a piston. The piston wasn't even that bad, but, it did need one. That bike is still running today (It's on it's 5th owner now) and has never had a bottom end bearing. Quality stuff.
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    in picture you will see the origional piston from a 1998. It was replaced around 2006 with an identical piston and the other parts in the dish from a husky dealer who also gave me a choice of wiseco which I declined. That piston whoever it is sourced from is a work of art. You can see the little cardboard box it came in. Note the broken power valve, this is why I had to replace the piston fortunately the piston collided with the power valve at idle. Supposedly there was a change to the powervalves somewhere around 2006 with the part where it broke being larger in diameter but the same part number was retained. Unfortunately I was told about the improved parts but by other husky enthusiasts I have been lead to believe I was sold the old version. more than doubles the cost of a top end job.

Fran

[IMG]
  4. zanol Husqvarna
    B Class

ok, good experiences but at the end what is the conclusion...
  5. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    You have to come to the conclusion.

I would highly recomend that if you take the top end off remove the power valves and see if you think they are close to failure as I showed in the picture.

If you likel the idea of a cast piston go genuine. Like I stated it is a work of art has lube holes, stiffening ribs. No one posted a picture of an alternative. If you go and buy new powervalves new bearing new gasket for base, (I did not break the head connection.) and some new anti freeze the percentage of the total $ you could save by going aftermarket on the piston would be what? I can't really comment on a two ring piston for this engine, not like the cr has one ring and wr has two in the larges size two stroke. I was only offered wiseco and stock.

However I have had this item on my ebay watch list for a couple of years it keeps getting re listed "FBF Factory Team Husky 125 GP Racing Pinion" it might be just what you want to go fast, I am happy with the stock one. They don't seem to ship out of the country though. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...4589371328&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT Maybe if they spelled piston right they would be sold out by now.

Fran
  6. zanol Husqvarna
    B Class

big fran when I take the top end off I post a photo for discuss it.
    I`m gonna look the stock piston here...