1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR 125 power & noise comparision req' pls

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by andy j, Nov 15, 2010.

1. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi guys...
    I have a te 310 (10) and would like a real life compare if possible to an wr 125 09.. all this talk on here makes me want to try one! i figure i might buy one then keep the bike that i prefer..

Could someone who has both or ridden both or even te 250 up to 09. give me an indication of power and delivery and noise comparision between the two..
    I run the te 310 with db Killer in..
    also im assuming that due to the real close ratios on the te 310 that the gear ratios might be the same on the wr? ie lots of changes to keep moving..
    The te 310 doesnt have masses of low down grunt of idle but has heaps at mid to top.. i prefer to ride in bottom to mid & then open up when im on straights... I ride practice tracks and local enduros.. about mid pack on clubman if im having a good day!

I note from the dyno post elsewhere that the 125 puts out about 31bhp, which is the same according to a test dyno run in a magazine to 29 for the 310 (10) (11 version being 3hp up)

Thanks
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I ride with my brother all the time he has on a 08 TE250 me the wr125. wr is louder ,way lighter , slightly slower up, quicker down hills, more fun , 125 is better in real technical riding and mud , not quite as quick in a straight line but not much in it, te slightly quicker on the track
    Im generally quicker than him though and have more fun:D
  4. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

Coffee yes spoted that, filled in the forms but it took a while for it all to be confirmed to me plus its 5hrs away.. it was going to be 5hrs to get there 1 hour riding two bikes 5hrs back... could not justfy the time from my work at the moment.. good on husky for doing it though..
  5. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

Rockdancer.. nice information, thanks, how would specifically you describe the difference between ratios and the how long each gear holds.. my second bike needs to be lighter & less gear changes than the te.

ta
  6. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

You'll be shifting more on the 125 for sure. Fast progress in point and shoot type trails can happen only by dropping down to second or even first. My TE 310 lets me do those same trails without downshifting for the cornesr, and I can still get a good drive. The 125 you have to drop down. Granted, using first gear and revving its lungs out coming out of tight corners is wicked fun, but you definitely are shifting more than on a 310.

If you want lighter weight and less shifting than your 310, you might consider a WR 300.

Also, I have to say Husky 125s are noisy little buzz bombs. I think it's because of the high revs you have to get combined with the thin wall of the expansion chamber. Plus a bunch of intake noise. My 2007 TE 250/310 seems way quieter from the saddle.
  7. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks... im keeping my 310 its suits me just great..
    but im going to get a two stroke to keep with it...
    im going to try to get a ride on a 300 or 125... but by the number of people on this forum who claim the bike is so much fun clearly im going to have to add one..

thanks for the replys.. will let you know whoich way i go..

aj