1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 250 08 vs. 09 any one know

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by johnnyBgood, Feb 20, 2011.

1. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

I have a 09 wr 250 and just rode it back to back on a 08 wr 250 the bikes are not even remotely close to each other [IMG], my 09 has no over rev and runs flat quick the 08 I rode had great over rev but not quite the tork of the 09 . Does this have something to do with the changes made in 09 to the pipe and maybe porting or is the porting the same , both bikes are stock the 08 has FMF silencer and stock carb the 09 has PWK carb . These few mods should not make a huge difference in motor feel my 09 ran flat with the stock carb as well , no over rev . Am I missing something here I like the over rev of the 08 WR any info would be great , would like to make the 09 rev alittle bit other then that the 09 works great in the low rev operation just want it to wind abit .
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    It could be the pipes, but try swapping silencers and make sure you aren't too large on your main jet.

From there, check that your power valve is opening all the way. Both bikes should run very close.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I agree, probably pipe and muffler. They move power around and usually pretty noticeably. On my 125/144 the just switching to the Doma pipe over the stock one makes huge differences in power and where the power is.
  4. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I have the same thing going on with my 09 250. The last thing I did after trying all kinds of jetting was to put a gasket on the intake to rule out an air leak. But I haven't tested it yet...winter hit and now I'm still waiting for spring. The bolt on the stopper plate for the power valve when open was also loose. Tightening it didn't change anything though. I also picked up a used 36mm PWK over the winter, so if the gasket doesn't help, that will be the next thing I try. I'd love to hear if anyone else had this problem and what they did to fix it.
  5. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

John C - Great fix for zippo cost! When and if you pop that thing apart, try to snap a few photos of that brass insert and the end fittings ect... Once I get my suspension revalved, we'll need to trade bikes again and do a ride comparison. Take Care... John H