1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 250 is bogging down and shuts off after a minute

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Kodynjolstad, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Kodynjolstad Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 250
    I recently picked up a 2010 WR 250 from a local dealer, the bike had been used but the engine is all redone. The bike starts up perfect and runs amazing for about 1 minute then darts to big down until it cuts off. I tried changing the plugs and same thing. It can idle forever but ad soon as I get on it and go it lasts about a minute. Also blows a little bit of white smoke. I don't want to start screwing around with anything until I get some input from some people that know what they are talking about.. Thanks!
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Maybe fuel supply is restricted and not supplying the carb bowl fast enough. I would start by checking float level and needle valve as well as petcock in the tank.
    huskybear likes this.
  3. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    White smoke after it heats up? check your radiator level.sounds like it could be a head gasket issue.They could have reused the head o rings? What does your plug look like? pics would be great to help you out.
    BILLF likes this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Check your float bowl for water. Condensation in the fuel tank from sitting can sometimes allow moisture to get in the carb.
  5. Kodynjolstad Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 250
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll have a look in the morning and let you know what I find.
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    If the pet-cock is not flowing enough fuel,remove the pet-cock and inspect the gauze filter screen. I had one plug up on a previous bike I owned and it ended up in a piston seizure:eek:! I remove the filters on all the pet-cocks on my bikes and run an in-line filter.The in-line filters are cheap and are easily inspected to see when they are dirty:thumbsup:! Also check that the gas cap vent is clear and allowing air to flow into the fuel tank.
    BILLF likes this.
  7. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    m
    maybe its sucking gearbox oil into bottom end
  8. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Gear oil would blue ish smoke and wont stop it running ! sounds like the tank is not venting to me and or as stated blocked filter / gauze, Have you looked at the coolent level ? just in case its sucking water