1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 250 lighting

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Nov 25, 2011.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Does anyone have any experience with a brighter light bulb for the stock front plate or a better lighted plate that will run off the stock electrical system? How many amp light can you run with stock set up?
  2. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I have been looking into the same thing for my 300. I haven't been able to figure out how many watts that stator is, but since the bike is sold w street legal attire, I am assuming that the 35watt stock bulb can be bumped up to 55 watt without burning up the electronics, OR melting through the polycarbonate lens on the stock light. Also, I have been researching lights and found the new Polisports HMX twin LED. It looks awesome. Its twin LED so it burns with a bright white light, and the stock system should power it without a hitch since it is LED. It is on my christmas list.
    I would love to know the true answer to your question though, so if anyone knows.......:)
  3. firecrackerkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390 OR, 84 250WR, 83 175WR
    No expert, especially on the new bikes but I don't think a 55w dot bulb will shine brightly with the stock setup.
  4. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    no, you are right. 55watts will get you home, but not enough to make for a fun night out. I think I am going to try either the Polisport one that I mentioned or the tried and true Acerbis DHH dual halogen. The Polisport would be brighter with twin LED, its just a bit more expensive. Still pretty reasonable though. I also am pretty lucky that I have a couple of Light and Motion HID lights that I strap to my helmet chin bar for night rides. They are defnitely expensive, but provide a couple of hours of amazing light and lots of smiles when the sun goes down.
  5. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    I read that it has a 120w output. It is in a owners manual off of huskyoutlet.com. Look up 2007 CR/WR250 Repair off that site. Page 344 under generator.

I've run two 50w mr16 lamps and have had no problems. 120w stator is amazing. People pay alot for 55w and the wr250 come stock with 120w. Yeah buddy.
    lankydoug likes this.
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That's awesome and good to know. Does it throw you over the bars when you turn on the lights?
  7. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    No way. Can't tell at all. It's designed for that wattage. I wouldn't go more than 110w used just so it doesn't get overloaded and possibly fry something. My useage of 100w is perfect IMO. But, more light the better. mr16 lamps take alot to use. LED's would be better, HID is best, when it comes to watt draw.

I switched the stock headlight lamp out for the cheapest and brightest lamp that I could find at Walmart. I found a 60w lamp for $8. It did require some modifying. I had to build a lamp key to fit into the housing so it wouldn't spin. And I had to "make" the wiring work. I also installed a switch on the headlight for cool factor. The 60w works just fine for getting around. Not good enough to shred at high speeds.
  8. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a blue plated (street legal) 2007 Husqvarna WR250.. One day (when I have time) I plan to make a custom wiring harness so it
    will have a battery (and a Trail Tech regulator/rectifier) so I can run turn signals, horn, heated grips, gps etc.. And a Cibie (rally type)
    light from a Yamaha TTR250.. And run a pigtail to my Nightsun mountain bike helmet light(12V / 20W + 35W) for real night time riding..

A friend of mine Graham did a write up here: 04 WR250 Conversion to 12V DC with Battery

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]