1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 250 spark wire and cap

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ajaxauto, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I beleive i have seen some thing on this before .

can the plug wire be changed from the original coil
    or do you need to purchase a coil to get the wire
    My original wire is looking old and stiff.
    On the original spark plug cab i beleive i saw where some have changed it. If so what are you using .Even by pushing mine back
    in i do not think i am getting a good contact that might be why i sometimes cut out on full load in the higher gears
  2. Reflexrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Years ago I had one do this. I just cut the wire, got a solid core wire at the parts store, spliced it in, insulated the hell out of it, and it ran well ever since. This was a 1982 430XC. I dont think you will hurt anything as long as the spark has a place to go.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    The coils used to have like a copper screw in them. You just twisted the old one out (Glued in the coil area) then you could replace it/glue it back in. Now, I am not sure and think length of it is also a factor and type of wire used, some were resistor too. I would call a George @ Uptite, Jay @ Hall's to get their thoughts?
  4. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

My plug cap on the 09 WR125 is a screw on. If yours also is a screw on and you are just pushing it back in that might explain the missing? I got tired of removing the connector on top of the plugs so I replaced the cap with a NGK cap.
  5. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Spark plug gap??? Mine likes around .018". More gap and it acts like the jetting is off.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Newsroom -> 2st...