1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 250 vs WR 300 ?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Coondog, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Coondog Husqvarna
    C Class

I know the bikes are the same except for the displacement. How is the power different ? I heard the 300 is not that much more powerful but that it is broader and smoother ?
  2. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

yes.

r
  3. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

Yup. 300 is less explosive. I find it easier to ride.
  4. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

250 is more fun and rev's forever. i found 300's to be more like a 4 stroke
  5. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    I thought yours wasn't revving at all atm?:D
  6. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    oh haha

I think id enjoy it either way.

I find the delivery is a bit smoother on the 300, but has alot more torque, im sure the 250 with a different pipe could easily compare to the 300 stock.

I wouldnt say its like a 4 stroke, i hate 4 strokes. Similar power figures and torque to a 450 4 stroke but still so different.

Pick either, you'll be happy
  7. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    My brand new WR300 turned up @ the dealers today. It should be fully kitted out & put together by the end of the week
  8. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Congratulations mate :thumbsup:
  9. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

haha mine died yesturday :doh: turned out to be a corroded switch block on my 2009 WR250 :banghead:
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I always prefer the 250 over the 300. Don't need the extra power for where i ride, don't like the less MPG, more vibs, on the 300 and like the snappier power on the 250. That said both are great bikes. The 300 has a good bit more on the bottom and fills it in making smoother power where the 250 has more of a dual personality, smooth and semi soft on the bottom and rips on top. I like this as I can use the semi soft but never giving up bottom better in the slick stuff / loose hills etc and if I ever need to boogie 300 style it is one clutch fan away. IMHO the WR250 has one of the best off road 2st powerbands going. I ride primarily tighter woods so that where my opinion is based. If you ride dez or sane or faster stuff a lot the 300 might be a better choice.