1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR-300 Air Stryker Jetting Settings.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Oldmotocrosser, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Oldmotocrosser Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    None.
    I own a 2010 Husky WR300 and I recently replaced my stock Mikuni carb with a JD Jetting Keihin 38mm Airstryker. There are several reasons why I did this; the pro Enduro riders are using it, the stock unit is hard to adjust on the trail; it needs a 10mm wrench to go along with your small robertson screw driver, the stocker is a bear to start sometimes when the bike is hot, and I mean bear.

So, you are wondering what the jetting settings are that I found worked for me in Calgary at above 3438 ft above sea level here they are:

45 Pilot Jet
    162 Main Jet
    Red Needle 2nd clip
    2 turns out on the air screw.

I ride at higher elevations (3000 to 6000 ft.) and the bike rips with these settings.

Much thanks go to Dave at JD Jetting for their help with this, they know their stuff and the price is worth it, so feel free to order products from them, they are really patient with you and know how to dial it in. (The only thing about living in Canada is you will have to wait for customs for any product.)

The new carb has a screw top which allows you to quickly get at your needle to adjust on the trail, and the unit can be adjusted with your thumb or a small screw driver for the idle. (Much easier than the stocker.) The new carb also allows the bike to start quicker on the trail so it is really worth it.

Tip: Keep your cable guide that screws into the top of the old carb as it has a 30 degree bend which you will need, as the fit is tight without this and your throttle cable will kink and not slide well without it.

Cheers,

Oldmxer.
    1981 Yamaha MX 175
    1980 CR 250
    1982 RM 125
    1986 YZ 125
  2. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    It's amazing what the difference is from one bike to another. I'm doing just fine with the Mikuni in the same environment. (we ride together sometimes) I'm glad to see you got your sorted out.
  3. Oldmotocrosser Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    None.
  4. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    i have a 38mm Keihn AS2 on my gas gas, love that carb! on changing the carb on the new husky wr300 were any other mods needed??
  5. Oldmotocrosser Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    None.
    No, just that. Bike runs great on low RPM now.
  6. 2ndgenhuskyman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 Yamaha WR 450
    I have
  7. Oldmotocrosser Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    None.
    They are a small company in Washington,

http://www.jdjetting.com

all the info you need is on the web site. They are really good responding to your emails, and phone calls. Dirt Bike magazine loves this place, great for tuning up bikes.

I have had this carb for a year and am very happy with it. Starting is really easy, and it is set and forget.

As i described in the article, the bike is much more responsive with the new carb, idles without stalling, starts easier when hot and cold.

I am surprised this carb is not the stock carb as the National Enduro team has been quoted as switching to this carb.
    Borntoride71 likes this.