1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 300, alittle help please!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wr300, Oct 12, 2010.

1. wr300 Husqvarna

Hello all, im new to the husky world. Picked up an 09 wr300 last week. After abit of information if i may:

Anybody have a workshop manual for one of these? Cant find one on the net anywhere (weallpissquicker@hotmail.com) Happy to stick a couple of $$ in your paypal account for the trouble! Really after all the torque values

Im no racer and tend to do quite hilly rocky stuff, probably average 20-30mph a ride over about 100miles, i use the whole rev range but dont hold it open. What mix of oil/petrol should i go for? ive been told 40:1 but my nice new ipone mixer bottle has a measure for 50:1 :thumbsup:

Maintenance wise how often should i change gearbox oil/coolant/piston

Anything special to watch on these?

Thankyou in advance!! :notworthy:
  2. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Pm me your email address and I'll send you some documentation.

-I run 32:1. Always have, always will.
    -Trans oil every 10hrs (per hour meter)
    -My OEM piston lasted 70hrs, but I think my old carb was sucking dirt and getting into the cylinder.
    -Coolant.... whenever it gets a fresh piston

Special things to watch for:
    -Bend out the shifter away from the clutch cover before it gouges it
    -grind off the ribs from the mudflap and glue some kind of buffer onto the swingarm so the flap doesn't gouge it
    -loctite all motor mount bolts
    -check lower radiator lines and I've heard some bikes were missing a hose clamp near the exhaust flange
    -grease everything and watch the lower shock bearing closely as it likes to rust

Do these minor fixes before they cause you any headaches and you'll be a happy camper. It's a great bike. And Husky seems to be selling a lot of them as of late!
  3. wr300 Husqvarna

Pm sent, thats alot of oil to be running! Il give it a try though, rather too much than too little. Just looked and the gear levers rubbing.. The lower link bearing pushed out aload of black goo when i pumped some grease into it.. think il replace them before long. Thanks for your help! :D
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

On the bolts that hold the plastic onto the tank and subframe, you should take those out and use Anti-seize on them. Do not over tighten them either. Chain adjuster bolts should also be anti-seized as over time water can get in there and cause them to freeze. It is a great bike and enjoy it. Not to get into a oil debate but I have always run 40:1.