1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR 300 and 250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Borntoride71, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Hi There,

When was the year where the LATEST Frame Updates were introduced to the wr 250 - 300.
    Apart from the white frame pre 2010 till 2011 I guess...the Black Frame came in on 2012 and on.(thats all I know...) sorry Im a newbie husky fan...since I found this incredible site !!

But Im Interested to know from which of these years tthe frame was updated... My guess is 2010 if Im correct ?

Im looking here in spain to get one of these bikes either the 250 or 300... but want to get the latest updated frame...

After 2 months searching...there are two 2012's that they seem ok..( But after all the threads on the Horrors, Stories, and bad things about the Ducati Ignition on these later bikes...Ill rather stay clear from those years..scares the S&%$T out of me to get a problematic bike...dont have the money and the time to spend on a fragile ride right now.. )

But yesterday I found a WR 300 2010 in mint condition with 1 owner... So Im Guessing and hoping this 2010 has the Updated frame...and the bombproof reliable ignition stator problem free bike ? Fingers Crossed :)

Appreciate all the info guys !

Thanks a lot.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I think that the last update was 2012, but if it was, it wasn't much of one. The Ducati ignition on my 2011 has been good since the bike was new. I had bought a spare ignition module after I read all the bad threads, but it is still sitting in a box in the garage, and hopefully that's where it will stay for a good while longer. The bike has never missed a beat since I got the carb set up properly and made sure that the reed intake was properly sealed.
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  3. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Got it.. I hope also that ignition stayss put in that box forever...:)

But after reading all the threads Im all confused about when was for Certain the last Update in Frame.
    Im really after getting this info asap...

Cause from what I learned here reading I believe the 2010 was the Year the Frame was Updated for a narrower one in the footpeg zone and also the Headstays were reinforced for more ridigity up front...

Lets Wait until the Masters Gurus chime In, with exact info on this ...

Again thanks for your reply my friend !

Cheers
  4. Palito Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300, 1986 430AE Auto
    Other Motorcycles:
    1989 DR600
    I have a 2009 and 2014 WR300, the frames and identical except for the colour. I have owned 2006 and 2008, I believe the frames were also the same.
    The ONLY slight differences may be the electrics mounting brackets under the tank.
    The 250/300 frame never got the frame updates that the 125 got around 2010 then again in 2012.

Hope this helps. Great bikes just a few minor quirks that are easily over come and dead nuts reliable.
    Borntoride71 likes this.