1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 300 cylinder sleeve

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jay Hayward, May 24, 2013.

1. Jay Hayward Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Hi guys,
    Does anybody know where in Australia I can send by cylinder to have a steel sleeve installed, usually heaps cheaper than nikasil and can go oversize later on.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    Not sure if you can get a steel sleeve, normally the bore is re-nikasil plated when it has been worn/damaged.
  3. Jay Hayward Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    The local dealer in Canberra has quoted me $650 inc piston to get sleeve fitted and some of the machine shops in the states I have contacted have said they can do it but I'm tring to find the best price. (on wife and kids budget!)
  4. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    In the states it was just over $200 the last cyl. I had done and last time I priced sleeves they were over $100 not installed. I have seen lots of different machine shops mess up a sleeve install. Also if you could get a sleeve for it (I haven't seen them ) can you get over sized pistons? (Just thinking out loud)
  5. Farmer John Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WR250, 01 KTM 400MXC
    How much was it to replate?
  6. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am sure oversize pistons aren't available just the usual graded sizes.
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    most machine shops that sleeve should have a comprehensive list of pistons to suit your motor or source one that is correct for oversize, i know of a company that will make a piston for your size from a blank that they can machine to spec theyre in oz jp pistons
    so yes oversized pistons are avaliable even if custom. and 99% of any make of barrel or engine component can be re manifactured or replaced:thumbsup:
    i recomend sleeve as ive done 3000 miles odd on my existing one with no problems so far, dont be put off do research and find a good shop, call them and see what they say you can normally see who knows what theyre doing on the phone with some questions.