1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr 300 gear shift lever tip?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MotoXotica, Feb 18, 2014.

1. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry,I know this must have been covered some where...but I could not find any solid info.a customer of mine has size 13 feet and wants a new shift lever tip that will be easier to use.what tip from hammerhead will fit the wr 300 with out too much effort to make it fit?thanx for the help as always.dan
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    should be straight forward, i put an rfx one on my bike was a drill the old rivet out and put the new tip on with spring and mylock nut n bolt through the lot, done in 15 mins.
    not sure on hammerhead tips but its an easy job.:thumbsup:
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    hammerhead +20mm works good for big feet. lankydoug posted up about it coupla years ago, search his posts. short story is you need a washer to fill in some of the gap(hammerhead thicker than stock tip so bit sloppy without it) & drill a small hole for the spring tip to sit in(in the tip itself-near the knurled section in the top). I have the driven shifter from motosportz with the hammerhead +20mm tip but works on stock steel shifter too. also have the +20mm tip on my stock 125 shifter. might be able to get a photo of it, explains it better. if you search posts you will find it though im fairly sure-maybe with photos:cheers: