1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr 300 needle in the USA.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

What,s the number of the needle that comes standard in the WR 300 in USA? And is there another one for the full power version? Just curious! I have the GAY needle in my full power version here, but have changed it.

Johnny
  2. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Johnny my fine frozen friend, here in the states one gets a 6BFY43-74 stock in the Mikuni TMX on his WR300.
    The 6GAY69-74 is what came in my full power kit, and I'm not aware of any other full power kit needle numbers at this time.
    If you're looking to tinker some more, when Sweden thaws out some this spring and it gets up into say the 50*s or 60*s, try the 6BFY43-74 with the clip in the 2nd notch down from the top,...a 460 main,...a 30 or 32.5 pilot,...and then fine tune your off idle crispness with your air screw. That's the jetting I run, and I'm happy with it. Mine makes great power and it's not too hard on my tank range either.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you very much Rusty man! Okay, it´s richer in the middle then the GAY needle, and slightly leaner in the middle then the DEY needle i use now then! I have my DEY needle in second clip from the top, and it runs better then ever before, but maybe the BFY is perfect for the summer then!:thumbsup:!
  4. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah, that's kind of a warm weather set-up. Worth a try anyways.
    If you do try it this summer let me know what you think of it. :cheers:
  5. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Of course i will!:)!
  6. redbone Husqvarna
    AA Class

What was your stock setup with the gay needle, pilot, main, clip postion, and air screw.
  7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Standard setup is : Needleclip in 3rd position,45 pilot,430 main and airscrew 2 turns out. I personally don´t really understand why it is jetted with a 430 main when we have down to 25F here. I would probably run it way too lean with that. I use 470 now on the ice at about 30F(-5 celsius) and the plug is dark brown, slightly rich which is good on iceracing.
  8. redbone Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm currently running the GAY needle with the clip in the 3rd postion from the top, 45 pilot, 440 main and the air screw about 1 1/2 turns out. I've only ridden it one time with this setup, but it ran pretty good. May have to do some more fine tuning later, we'll see.
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, standard except richer main. What temperature do you have? Elevation? I had my airscrew 21/2 turns out at around 25F temp with GAY needle and 45 pilot. It was a bit rich anyway with that setup. My bike runs much better on idle with the DEY needle and 40 main. It also runs much better on coldstart. I have the choke engaged for at least 2 minutes without getting too rich at 25F. A perfect warmup, and no excessive smoke either. It just stands there and idles perfectly while i put my gear on!
  10. redbone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Temps are ranging from around 35 to 55 degrees F. Elevation around here is @ 700-900ft above sea level.
  11. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

My bike would be too rich on the pilot at that temp with a 45! I should try a 40!