1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st wr 300 racehead

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john handy, Jul 8, 2013.

1. john handy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 300
    just joined site and this is my first post and it is a question..

apparently the race head for the wr 300 is not being made any more, and I just went to order one here in Australia and there are none in the country according to the Australian distributor here.. just want to know the name and contact details of the main husky distributors or any companies that would have the race head head in stock or ion fact anywhere I can get one.. I can get my head machined but nearly fell over when I was quoted $600 to have it done.. any suggestions..
  2. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Try Huskysport in the UK, even with the carriage it was only about $200 which was a lot cheaper than pfg here. Evidently the std head can't be machined to the same spec as race head in any case. I would vouch for the race head though it transforms the bottom end and mid range.
  3. john handy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 300
    Thanks windsurf.. I hope I can get hold of one then.. I have just ordered in an airstriker and would like to put both in at same time a fine tune jetting in one go. Where in qld are you.. im in stanthorpe (granite belt)
  4. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    i had a race head on my WR and its to much !!! good for desert racing maybe . other than that its to much for single track or dual sports
  5. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I only ride single track and love it. :excuseme:
  6. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    I just bought the last race head that my dealer (Tasky's) had in stock! He bought a few when he found out they were being discontinued. I was on the fence until I recently found out they were being discontinued, so I figured I better get one before it's no longer an option. It was a bit of an impulse buy. I'm anxious to see how much more bottom and midrange it produces. I ride mostly single track in the woods in 2nd and 3rd gear keeping the engine just off the pipe and slightly lugging to keep it under control when it's particulary tight or ugly, and then clutching it with a quick throttle twist to lift the front end up over logs and rocks. I'm hoping the race head will give me just that little bit of extra umph on the bottom so that I can simply twist, lift and launch.

So is the swap out fairly straight forward? I also ordered new o-rings. I assume the head comes with the helicoils installed? Can I reuse the original head screws and washers? What about the radiator hose unions? Can I reuse them or should I have ordered new unions?
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    The coolant hose nipples can be a real bear to remove. Head bolts and washers will go again.
  8. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I would order new nipples and not attempt to remove the ones off of the stock head.