1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc wr 300 rear brake.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by madfish, Mar 28, 2011.

1. madfish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 300
    anyway to get a little beteer stopping power. fronts are awesome. rear is a little weak.
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is the bike new? Did you clean the rotors before riding it? They have a film on them when new and can cause it to gum up the pads is why I ask. If you have the stock rear pads which are metallic I am not sure then as they are usually too touchy for me at first, especially on the front. I run organic Braking on the front as it gives me a little more progressive feel. Make sure you have a good solid feel at the rear pedal with your hand and don't have any air in the line. Just grasping here but the rear should be really good as the front.
  3. Torrmentor Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used a brake clevis off of an '09 KX450 and it got rid of the slop inn the pedal. A better feel, for sure.
  4. Dano58 Husqvarna

Trying to use the larger wave rotor on rear. I will let you guys know what I find out
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The rear brakes are weak and if you use then alot they will over heat and fade.i installed a CR vented rotor and used Motol high temp brake fluid that helpped alittle but they are still not as good as the other husky .The rear rotor is small i have seen some people make a braket to then beable to use a larger rotor
  6. Dano58 Husqvarna

Yes its hard to have such an incredible bike and have weak rear brakes
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Change pad material...
  8. Dano58 Husqvarna

Its hard to charge a downhill when it just wants to slide. I will try a different pad.
  9. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'm not really unhappy with the power, but they dont last long. I go through 2 rears for every set of fronts, which is completely backwards. That solid rotor eats em!
  10. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thats pretty normal for a 2 stroke mate, the back brakes get used up to compensate for the lack of engine braking
  11. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You don't want a vented or wave rotor. You want a solid rotor. More pad contact and heat tranfer to the rotor. Serves as a heat sink to draw heat away from caliper. Use DP and Moose brake pads. Work great when broken in. Moose pads are the same material as DP but have double ceramic insulation on back to prevent heat transfer to caliper. Use Motul 600 Racing brake fluid. Bleed between races.
  12. Dano58 Husqvarna

I will give that a shot Vinduro. Thanks for the advice