1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 300 Rear Tire

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rob578, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    The 140/80-18 is a monster tire. Anyone have any thoughts on replacements? Same size?
  2. Lucas Husqvarna
    B Class

i like the michelin s12 130/80-18
    works good in the pacific northwest.:thumbsup:
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Motoz 130/80 is the tire
  4. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I have the Dunlop MX51 "Geomax" intermediate tire based on a recommendation from someone on this very site. I'm running the 120/90/18 and am quite happy with it. It's not DOT, if that's a concern for you. I have the front as well in a 90/100/21. In my opinion, these tires are way better than the FIM/DOT Michelins that were OE.
  5. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    i use a 140/80-18 mx re-tread running slightly lower psi and have been impressed so far.
    the tyre retails for $70 aus, the one i purchased was a metzeler carcase (still stamped on the side wall).if the re treads are availble in the us i would give one a go.i have been told the michelins run a thinner side wall and require higher pressures to avoid pinching.lower pressure means more traction which is what you need with a big bore.
  6. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm running a Pirelli Scorpion XC mid-soft and it's awesome. I've had better results with the Pirelli vs the Michelin S-12 or M-12 (atlanta Ga)
  7. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

I find anything works better than the stock tire. I traded mine to a buddy for his dualsport bike.

I run a normal 120 width in normal brand tires (bridgestone, for example). What works best depends on your local terrain and dirt conditions and your preferences.
  8. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is the standard tyre really that bad? I just put it on:lol:! I mostly run in really muddy terrain right now.
  9. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

Guys I just did an enduro at the week end on a new mich s12 xc 130 80 18 on my te 310 the standard tyre is a mich comp 3 120 90 18.. it is a little wider & 4mm lower in profile but this new tyre is amazing on grass, mud the grip is amazing...it gave me sooooooooooooo much confidence especially on negative camber grass/mud corners.. i was able to feed the power and gain on other bikes out the corners easypeasy..:applause::thumbsup::notworthy:
  10. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 for the Michelin S12. They have always been a great tire. I'd go with the biggest one you can get on there for a 300. I also use the Bridgestone UHD tubes and (touch wood) have not gotten a pinch flat in 3 years.
  11. tony_dt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes Sir, you can't go too wrong with that combo at least in tight woods with sandy/loam soil. I like the Pirelli also though for the harder packed stuff.
  12. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I put a trials tire on mine and was worried. Man it was tge best decision ever. Bike hooks up so much on everything now i feel like i am cheating sometimes, wish i knew about trials tires years ago
  13. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

get rid of that 140/100 tyre it is a control tyre for racing in Europe use something like a 110/100 great hook up great feel.
  14. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

yup, 110/100 at ur prefered flavour of rubber.
  15. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don´t think i will notice any big differenc in really muddy and loose ground. I´ll try out that piece of s..t tyre anyway:eek:! I´ll bet i leave those terrible orange bikes with broken E-starts behind anyway!

Johnny
  16. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    That's exactly what I was thinking, 110 or 120 max