1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 300 supermoto wheels

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jt_biker, Apr 15, 2016.

1. jt_biker Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr300
    Hi all. JT from UK here. After recently hanging up my sports bike boots (GSXR1000K5) I bought a wr300 enduro. I would like to buy a second set of wheels for supermoto for road riding. Does anyone know what wheels would fit as am struggling to find 2nd hand wr300 ones?
  2. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    WR250/300 have a different rear hub to the 4t bikes. Front wheels are the same, but the sprocket mount side of the rear hub is 5mm narrower on the 2T. This is enough to ensure the 4t wheels won't work. I've read of people trying to use spacers to get around the problem, but this puts stress on the swing arm and can cause alignment issues.

However, I have owned a couple and have seen two sizes on WR. Not sure if it was from the factory, but have seen one with the 156mm rear hub on a WR250 and one with the 151mm hub.

When I converted my last WR, I had a set of wheels made by Warp9 and these worked perfect. I've been kind of hoping to come across a set on wheels for the new bike, but they are rare as, so looking like having to go down this path again. Not cheap, but you do get sprocket/rotors and brake caliper relocation kit (to run 320mm front rotor) so it works out decent value. If you search WR250 supermoto on here you'll find more info.
  3. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Just remember too, while a 2t on the streets sounds fun, it's not ideal. I only ever own 2t enduro/mx bikes and I'm as big a 2t fan as you'd find anywhere, but it does get old pretty quick on the road.

It's fun belting through town Jumping roundabouts, or on a tight windy road, but not being able to just cruise at a constant throttle gets annoying super quick.

And it's gets attention. Lots of attention.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    How do the gearboxes go with no Cush drive hub or sprocket or even knobbies for flex? Would put a lot of strain through a box designed to slip n slide wouldn't it?

I remember seeing one wr300 with a blown box wen I bought mine but old mate was racing SM n slamming through the box at high revs so not a fair comparison really....well sorta. I'd imagine you'd be obeyin the speed limit n all road rules wouldn't ya jt?! :)
  5. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    That's the first one I've heard of having issues. Twaty has done a heap of racing on his, but from memory, he has upgraded to 6 speed. My was ridden "spiritedly" and I never had a worry. It doesn't seem to suffer the shock of a 4t, at least never felt like it.

Warp9 does cush hubs now, can get cush sprockets too.

I wouldn't worry but, seen plenty of conversions and not one has worried about it.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah id imagine they're pretty robust. The mechanic did say it was down changin at very high revs so may have bn accidental or jus super harsh riding.
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Theres a cush in the clutch hub that should lessen the forces.
    But 2/ sm on roads in uk is fine we dont have killer streaches, lots of twisties and traffic to nip through is the advantage of a bike on the road here.
    Was thinking ive got a 4/ set of wheels here i can rip spokes off as theyre rusty and get 2.5mm taken off each side on the rear an pick up some 17" rims.
  8. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think the brake side of the hub is fine, the material needs to come of the sprocket side only I believe.
    Palito likes this.
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ahh that may cause an issue with the amount of material left to mount the sprocket too.
  10. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Exactly, brake is fine, just the sprocket side.
  11. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    There is plenty of material left after maching the 5mm off as the hubs are all the same its just how much is machined off to suit the bike its destined for.
    I made a jig up and machined a couple of hubs down useing a router that turned out just fine and no need to pull the wheel apart to get it on a lathe :thumbsup:
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    It will be easier to get it in the lathe and get shot of the 18"rim so i can get 17"sm rim.
  13. damien848 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Wr 300
    I just ordered Warp 9 SuperMoto set up for my 2010 wr300! So excited to burn some rubber on the street! Got 17" rims for it. I will post up a pic after install. I would like to find out more on the 6 speed transmission off the 360 motor as well. Think that wpuld be a killer upgrade for some street usa and long Baja trips
    juicypips likes this.
  14. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    How flush are you feeling? There's a add in the classifieds wants stupid money for his unknown 360 engine, but they are getting rarer.
  15. damien848 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Wr 300
    Yea man i know. I hit up that guy that has the entire motor up for sale but I am looking for just the tranny. I really hope to find one tho. It will just complete my bike. It would be set up 100% with that. Keep my eye's peeled for one.
  16. boogeyeman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 te610 sold 06 wr250 12 wr250 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 300 xc
    Hey Johnnyboy, that jig and router idea sounds interesting. I may give it a go. Any chance you could post a pic or diagram of you jig and set up details?
  17. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Hi
    The jig set up was made from a piece of 18mm MDF that bolted to the sprocket lugs with a guide line simply jig sawed from the same material, It will take a bit of fidling to get it spot on but takes no time at all really. The whole job from start to finish even making the jig didnt take any more than a hour and a half.
    I have actually done another wheel that was fitted with a Talon hub since then and that also worked out fine, Will see if I can find the thing and take a pic as I dont think I tossed it.
    Router is a small bosch model
    24918-01-1000.jpg
  18. boogeyeman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 te610 sold 06 wr250 12 wr250 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 300 xc
    A pic would be awesome and appreciated. I have a similar router but can't wrap my small brain around what your jig/guide would look like.
  19. Thack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ426F, Ducati 748, Suzuki DR125
  20. damien848 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Wr 300
    Woop little steep. Someone on here hit me up. Thanks tho main