1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 300 suspension query...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Micka, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Micka Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    I recently bought a new WR 300 2011 model. Got a great deal
    Overall I couldn't be happier its the first time I've owned a new bike and it goes hard! Keeps up easily to my mates big 4 strokes and blows them away through the tight stuff very light and agile! I've fitted bark busters, bash plate, and force radiator guards. The one disappointing thing is the lack of a proper manual the USB stick is ok but where the hell is appendix a ..... It doesn't exist?? The question I have are fairly simple on the front forks you have a top adjuster which says H or S which I imagine is hard or soft??? and a bottom says compression which is rebound??? Also on the rear you have the one at the base of the shock with H or S and then on the gas chamber the 2 adjusters which are the high/ low speed rebound ??? Basically I'm after clarification on what each adjuster doea. May seem like simple things to alot of you but as I said this is the first time I've owned a new bike with this much features! It has the Sachs rear and 48 mm kyb forks. Overall it rides well maybe a bit hard up front. Any advice is appreciated.....
  2. yakka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Agree about leaving the thumpers behind in the tight single trail.I have '09 with Marzocchis,but think its the same. the rebound is on top & compression on bottom.I leave rebound standard-about middle.If you back off compression ("softer") it'll make the forks a bit plusher. Base of shock is rebound & low&high speed compression is on the reservoir.Basically, compression determines how fast suspension compresses down & rebound how fast it rebounds back.Low speed for slow wallowy dips etc.High speed for sharp fast hits.
  3. Micka Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Cheers... On the rear which is the low and which is the high speed adjuster.... The inner or outer? Thanks for your response mate. Awesum bikes the 300s a few of my mates who ride big bore 4s are seriously looking at the 2 strokes again now!!
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    G'day Mika and welcome to the 3hunge club!! Outer blue circle is high speed for the sharp hits e.g logs and rocks and inner is slow for jumps and g outs. Husqvarnaaustralia.com.au has free pdf downloads. I got mine off there and print out the pages as I need em.
    I"m lovin my '10 WR300 ( had it six months) and even took it out for a few laps of the local motocross track...
    Mate, Crack the throttle and cover those thumpers with the sweet smell of two smokers :cheers:
    Micka likes this.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    good to hear another big bore 2T husky on the aussie trails micka! what did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking mate?
  6. Micka Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Mate got mine 3 months ago from Bills bikes in Adelaide was a brand new 2011 model for 9500 on the road. Pd xtra 500 for bash plate, force alloy rad guards and bark busters. I think the 2012s are going for similar $ now. Absolutely love it I reckon the huskys look better than any other bike!! 2 smokers all the way!