1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR 300 Triple clamps

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Marvin Fredrich, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Marvin Fredrich Husqvarna
    C Class

I'm replacing my steering head bearings on my WR300 and I finished removing the nut on the top of the upper clamps. The upper clamp is supposed to lift off revealing the locking nut to remove the bottom clamps. My question is, the upper clamps are not lifting off should I beat on them with a rubber mallet? Will this be the correct approach to removing them? The handlebars are off and the forks have been removed already.

Please help

Marvin
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Not sure what you are describing. The uppers usually have a locknut that is over the second nut that takes a spanner wrench to loosen or tighten. Once those two are removed, the bottom set and steering stem should drop out of the top set and frame neck with a light tap from a rubber mallet.
  3. Marvin Fredrich Husqvarna
    C Class

My question may not have been stated too clear, lol. Currently my problem is, I can't remove the upper clamps to get at the nut that takes the spanner wrench. Videos show that once you remove the first nut holding down the upper clamps, that the upper clamps should just lift off revealing the secound nut that uses the spanner wrench. However my upper clamps are not lifting off.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Then tap from underneath with a rubber mallet and they will pop loose. I think I explained it wrong.:doh:

Sorry, long week. Tired.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    just tap away Marv!