1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr 300 vs 300 ktm xc

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 4mulas, Nov 9, 2009.

1. 4mulas Husqvarna
    C Class

Well here we go! I'm new to this site so please don't shoot me if I should have posted this somewhere else. I have had a Husky in the past if that buys me any cred. It was a 1981 XC 250. Loved it!

The question of the day here is:

I am seriously looking at the new Husly 300 as a change to my KTM 300. There is tonnes of Orange from where I ride and I'm thinking a change might be nice.

I not looking to be killed because I ride a KTM, but am looking for REAL objective points of view. Especially from those of you have had or even still have the KTM and did the very swap I'm contemplating. Parts availability and cost etc... are also big concerns.

I mostly ride fairly tight single track and do like to race both X/C's and Hare Scrambles too!

Also if anyone knows of smokin deals on the Husky 300 I sure would appreciate it!

thanks in advance!!! :thumbsup: :canada:
  2. Clayfan Husqvarna
    A Class

Well my 02 cents.
    My 2008 WR250 is stock other than a main jet size leaner and a 10 oz Fly wheel weight.
    It has been a reliable as a hammer except for a stator issue the Warrenty covered.
    It goes straight with out a steering damper and all the KTMs I've had need one.
    Its got a great motor, has a hit but not hard to control. Clutch pull is kinda heavy and it can drag enough that I start all my Hare Scrambles and GNCC's in neutral if I don't have use of a starting box.
    Brakes are brembos and easy to find pads.
    Price is right and its different. Can't tell you how many people come over to see when my son and I unload his CR125 and my WR 250 at race.
    Overall I'm very happy, its easy to work on, its a little dated, but heck, so am I!
    If there was any improvement I'd like to see it would be little better seat foam, a six speed tranny, an easier to repack muffler and a little easier clutch pull.
    Gonna freshen mine up this winter, revalve the fork, replace the shock oil and ride it again next year.
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check your PMs.