1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr 360 Transmission Oil Capacity

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by siaknijustin, Feb 8, 2012.

1. siaknijustin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 GasGas EC300
    I recently acquired a 2000 wr 360. Last night I removed the drain plug to let the tranny drain overnight thinking I'd be able to find the capacity on this site. I did multiple searches but couldn't find out how much oil the tranny takes. Can somebody help me out?
  2. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

According to the Husky dealer I use who races them also, said just throw the whole Quart in there! Probably a little overfull but if it needs to it'll just burble out the overflow, no harm, no foul. So, he threw the brand he uses in the box Motul 10-40w oil, not special tranny oil or anything. So, I've been running around for over a year with the above statement. I have the book also, so if you want the exact measurement I'll have to look it for you.
  3. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

What pollo said. I do usually save little from the full quart to add to one of the other 2 strokes with a small leak. These are not finicky on oil either. I've used ATF for last 5 years with no clutch or tranny issues.
  4. siaknijustin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 GasGas EC300
    Okay. Thanks for the prompt responses! I'll put a quart or so in the box and go ride this weekend.
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I just put the bike on level ground, fill the oil 3/4 the way up on the sight glass and go??
  6. kerlinger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R11GS, TTR 125, TTR 125
    I know what your going thru, just picked up an '01 2 weeks ago, manual says .70 imp qts / .80 ml
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Don't get too technical on how much tranny oil the 360 needs....when it starts to get hard to find neutral then it's time to change oil :thumbsup:

800ml of tranny oil is correct (l had 200ish ml left over from a 1lt bottle l used last week).
  8. siaknijustin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 GasGas EC300
    Thanks again. I went ahead and put about 900 ml in it. I guess if it doesn't like the extra 100 ml it can just blow it out of the crank vent tube. I saw that Hall's can get an owner's manual and a service manual. I guess I should probably just order some manuals. Until then I'll just continue to pick you guy's brains!