1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st WR instrument panel - how to get it to show MPH?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JMann2380, Sep 22, 2010.

1. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey all, I for the life of me can't figure out how to get the stock WR instrument panel to display MPH instead of KM/HR.

Can anyone help? It's a 2009 btw.

-Josh
  2. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    same problem

I bought a TrailTech
  3. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

Is the trail tech plug and play?
  4. mkenn72 Husqvarna

Take the speedo off and check the battery in it. The battery is probably installed upside down or is dead. I had the same problem with mine. Put in a new battery installed the right way and the speedo/odo works fine and was able to be switched to mph. I think the battery is a cr2032 lithium.
  5. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    TrailTech is plug and play can use the stock sensor. The mount took a little modding but nothing serious. Very nice unit. I especially like the Temp sensor
  6. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

Will do. But what is the procedure for switching so I make sure I am doing it right?
  7. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    The TT is relatively simple. I am using the standard wheel calibration for mine and it's very close to GPS distance. I have the one without the tach (Vector). Have the coolant sensor on the left hose and I like being able to set the yellow and red warning lights for coolant temp. Mine is mounted like this:
    [IMG]
  8. mkenn72 Husqvarna

From what I recall, you press and hold the reset button and then turn the bike on while holding the button. It also tells you in the manual. The stock speedo even when working is crap. I am looking at a trail tech vector too. Just trying to decide what mount to get. The one above looks nice.
  9. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ditched mine for a TT Endurance which I had on my KX250. With the small tank on the '09 WR125 it really made me mad that every time I stopped the bike the odo reset to zero. :censored:

[IMG]
  10. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    trail tech all the way.
    Stock unit is terrible.

Contact Kelly at Motorsportz.

Easy install and while I initially struggled with the installation (because Im an idiot) it went right on.
  11. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

The reset thing is only because neither your dealer, nor yourself never flipped the battery that comes upside down inside the odo. They send them like that from Italy as they want to save battery life. Once flipped it never resets. The thing that pisses me is that you have to actually start the bike to see data, unlike the KTMs which any small movement will awake them for a few secs before it turns itself off again.