1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st WR Rear Linkage Slop

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Clete, May 16, 2011.

1. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Ok, this is going to sound stupid. On a WR, is there any slop or loose feeling when trying to lift the rear of bike up? I replaced all the linkage bearings, and had the shock rebuilt. The guy who rebuilt the shock said it might be something with the shock shaft. Any ideas?
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    There is always a degree of sag in the suspension as the shock compresses with the weight of the bike (Free Sag) up to 35mm which you need to offset with your rider's sag (all your gear on and measure the shock height) which should be around 80-110mm depending on your riding conditions.

A bent stock shaft will cause insane stiction and you should see the chromed shaft warped if it was bent.
  3. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Thanks for the reply. It almost feels like a linkage bearing or sleeve is missing or linkage bolt i very loose
  4. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

i fought with mine for a while before i figured out one of the bolts wasn't all the way tight. it was the hard-to-get-to one in the swingarm.
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Sit the bike on a stand and pull it apart...not too difficult mate :)
  6. pablo Husqvarna
    B Class

I would'nt have much confidence in this chap if he came out with a statement like that.

The rear end is easy to examine.
    Put the bike on a pit stand with the rear wheel off the deck.
    It will be easier to inspect with the plastics, seat, air box, subframe removed.It does'nt take long and you can get at everything.
    Get someone to lift the rear wheel and check each of the linkage points in turn till you identify the culprit or culprits.You should be able to "feel" where the slop is. A wee bit on the top mount is OK.
    It's not unusual IME for everything to go in very quick succession, ie swingarm bearings/sleeves,linkage bearings/sleeves,top and bottom mounts.
    Your shock should'nt have any slop or looseness.Just the type of sag that has been mentioned and if it has take it back to the chap who serviced it.Well maybe not[IMG]

Oh and you would know if the shaft was bent.

Best of luck getting it sorted.All balls kits are reasonably priced. In the UK anyway.The gen OEM parts are preferable though.
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All my Huskys have a little linkage slop after a little use.

There are like 6 pivots and whatever play is in each will add up.

you can have a little up and down and never be able to find the culprit.

BTW, the upper shock mount seems to be the weakest link to me on all my bikes.
  8. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    my TC and WR have the same amount of play... cant remember if it was there from new on the TC but it's older ('07)
  9. pablo Husqvarna
    B Class

[quote="R_]

There are like 6 pivots and whatever play is in each will add up.
    [/quote]

Fair point I suppose we need to know how much we're talking about.Mine went in the manner I described, finished a ride with the backend almost adrift.When I removed the swingarm the needles fell out of the cages.Lingages were'nt far behind.
  10. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Thanks everyone.... Clete
  11. lunatick Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 My upper shock had play from brand new